The China Supply Chain Situation

I source American as much as I can for carts, grow equipment, etc. When it comes down strictly to price, I source goods from China for my businesses. I placed an order for a container load in March and it still isn’t here. We found a DHL broker who can take 250-300kg by air, but it’s very expensive. I guess it’s better than not having any product.

If you aren’t familiar, the sea ports are clogged due to lack of trucks on the road and there are 60+ ships in the LA harbor waiting to dock.

I just got this message this morning:

There have been many unstable factors in China recently, and I think should keep you notified.

Due to electricity limited policy and Winter Olympics, the production of many products are quite slow and some of them will stop production in Decemeber, 2021。

Due to the new round emergence of COVID-19 in many provinces and regions in China recently, logistics may be affected. Logistics in some cities has already been suspended.

Our Chinese Spring Festival is coming at end of Jan.2021.We predict our factoryand domestic logistic companies will be on holiday from around 20th Jan. to 15th Feb.

Is anyone else having serious supply chain woes? What have you done to alleviate it?

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1463251618745495558?s=20

The situation could get worse before it gets better.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/us-mexico-china-factories/2020/08/12/c29f4a9a-d0f1-11ea-8c55-61e7fa5e82ab_story.html

I’m hoping / expecting Mexico to eventually start picking up some of the slack.

7 Likes

i havent experienced any of this from express shipping from china or container loads. Shipping prices have 3x-4x but the shipments are moving threw ports on the east coast like its always have. i dont see the ships off the coast and i live near a major shipping port.

If you try to save $100-200 right now and choose economical shipping… your likely dealing with these issues… There is always a priority shipping option EVEN FOR CONTAINER LOAD shipping. I just had to pay a premium so my container didnt wait in line in the chinese ports and i have a great import broker who knows me and everything by heart so nothing is really needed if questions arise during importation…

I just made all my chinese new year orders and we are full stocked up till next april.

17 Likes

As always, there’s a price to make it happen!

2 Likes

In fact, in addition to the Lunar New Year and the virus, the United States also caused cargo delays due to strikes and holiday seasons.

There is no holiday week here in America
Christmas Day maybe
Other than that the ports are open all day and night all year long
Just sayin

2 Likes

I work 364 days a year. These ladies don’t feed and water themselves.

12 Likes