The Best Chiller Set Up For a BizzyBee

Interesting, I am installing a Beest in our facility & went the other route.
CS100 for the heat exchanger only and Co2 for solvent and material columns, 6000L tank of LCo2

I want cold cold

6 Likes

We have a medium sized taeevo for sale if you’re looking.

2 Likes

which one @Myrrdin?

Got the med hex w/dual collections with extra solvent tank & went with the large quad for material.

Sexy Af!

24 Likes

damn that is so badass, looks great I’m looking at getting a similar system.

7 Likes

Yeah, back in the good old days when thermodynamics was more forgiving we didn’t haz to do any maths to figure this shit out…

2 Likes

Using co2 to cool a cls is dangerous

Can you do it?

Yes

Does fuck shit happen because of it?

Also yes

Same argument for using glycol in chillers instead of alcohol.

Minimizing risk is job one for extractors.

4 Likes

Ya, that’s the issue is we run all our material between -60 and -80

You can definitely use Co2 to chill closed loops. Bizzy bee offers a system for those that do not want to drop an arm and a leg on chillers. C02 is expensive though…

3 Likes

Thanks for the link!

1 Like

I’ve seen over a half dozen failures from co2 cooling imploding columns.

This is on schedule 40 steel not the thin stuff

Curves and cold and steel don’t mix well

Add pressure and you get a recipe for a catastrophic failure.

But you do you.

4 Likes

The jacketed columns are 6mm thick, not saying it’s impossible for an implosion to occur but it is highly unlikely.

Also Co2 is 0.50 per pound for me, not that expensive considering the value of the material coming out of the machine. Has your chiller ever let you down ?

Or are you suggesting that Bizzybee engineers don’t know what they are doing ?

5 Likes

It strikes me that the innovation on volume is lacking there are several used cascade freezing compressor for sale and any Havac expert Orr Alfa laval will custom make you a heat exchanger first the task at a lot less than what Huber charges and a lot bigger

The temperature control precision a Huber offers is not of much use in our field

6 Likes

Power over precision all day long

Could care less if it’s -79.9 or -80

10 Likes

@Griffin.Labs

1 Like

I’d agree up to a point, there’d be a big problem if there was ≥ 10° variation though

1 Like

I second this. I have one cooling my 915, as well. The other option is to strap on a cs200 to the 915. And that one will need to be outside. The taeevo runs smooth af all day long at 45f helping my 915 stay @ -70c

8 Likes

Again. The only ones that fail, are operator error.

Well, that is the thin stuff, actually. On a 6" pipe, schedule 40 is only 4mm. On the 6" columns for lc02. It is 6mm thick. You’re wrong on this one, you can stop saying things that are false. Or at least show evidence of your claims, because they aren’t all over the internet.

6 Likes

Most of these beast run at bp of refrigerant
Either on or off pid controled
At bp they are very stable wich temp you want anyway

ive personally see 3 of the “thicker” bzb columns after implode. these were all sent out after issues with the 3-4 mm stuff

1 in front of my face in norcal

another one from ironfist that was schedule 40 on an 8" pipe

and 1-2 others online in pics

i imploded a ton of dewax vessels from a company i was working for with just dry ice and vac

steel doesn’t like to be hella cold and curved

you are smart guy when it comes to this stuff and i respect your opinion, but there’s what i know i feel safe doing then there is what i know i feel safe having hourly paid lab techs do.

chiller has always been a no brainer just like glycol

2 Likes