The Best Chiller Set Up For a BizzyBee

Just got my beast set up. We opted to try the “cheaper” route using a Huber CS100 chilling the Huber 915 for 4 columns and 2 120lb tanks. Then, for recovery, we got a CS200 on the falling film on the back behind our two collection vessels.

I think this system will kick ass but am pretty sure the cs 100 will have a tough time on the 915.

I looked into the cs550 and cs330 from Huber and I like that they can sit outside. Only reason we didn’t go with them is the price difference. The whole system is damn near 400k so every dollar mattered. Anyone tried this set up or something similar?

8 Likes

Following…

Kinda curious what’s good.

3 Likes

Just seems like you can never have enough chilling power these days but the cost is insane!

If I ever add on to this system in the future I will try the CS330 or CS550 and put it outside because of the amount of heat these things put out in our facility. I believe the cost difference is somewhere around 40k.

2 Likes

a cheap taeEvo chiller for 13k will cool your 915 all day long. That cs100 is way overkill for cooling your huber.

7 Likes

Can you put the taeEvo chiller outside? I just hate how much heat this cs 100 puts off.

yes sir

1 Like

One more question…did you by any chance have to get a building permit to put it outside? We were thinking of putting an MTA on the roof but chose against due to having to pull a permit.

Luna sells a sweet set of chillers you can find direct from China. Bizzy has also sold them.

They will tax you to death.

Hit up Luna and try to get some specs and source your own.

They worked really well and I think they have been running flawlessly for 2 years on that Luna.

They had a big one for the jackets and a smaller one for the tube in shell

3 Likes

Where are you located, my best advice in this industry is just put it outside without anything and if anyone says anything play dumb. Asking for forgiveness is better then for permission.

Also I second that the luna chillers are amazing. I found an American company out of Florida that makes them and I believe they did get knocked off by the Chinese and those are the ones luna uses. That being said they were work horses and the only part of the system I liked. They do need an external cooling tower to cool their compressors.

7 Likes

They have water cooled and air cooled options.

The water cooled keeps the chiller room a lot cooler without needing exhaust or hvac.

2 Likes

Posting how cold you need to go would help those of us with experience on these things steer you towards a good fit. If you don’t need to hit the extreme lows that a 915 will get to I’d be inclined to look at what fluid chillers has to offer in their air ult series

2 Likes

Interesting, I am installing a Beest in our facility & went the other route.
CS100 for the heat exchanger only and Co2 for solvent and material columns, 6000L tank of LCo2

I want cold cold

6 Likes

We have a medium sized taeevo for sale if you’re looking.

2 Likes

which one @Myrrdin?

Got the med hex w/dual collections with extra solvent tank & went with the large quad for material.

Sexy Af!

24 Likes

damn that is so badass, looks great I’m looking at getting a similar system.

7 Likes

Yeah, back in the good old days when thermodynamics was more forgiving we didn’t haz to do any maths to figure this shit out…

2 Likes

Using co2 to cool a cls is dangerous

Can you do it?

Yes

Does fuck shit happen because of it?

Also yes

Same argument for using glycol in chillers instead of alcohol.

Minimizing risk is job one for extractors.

4 Likes

Ya, that’s the issue is we run all our material between -60 and -80

You can definitely use Co2 to chill closed loops. Bizzy bee offers a system for those that do not want to drop an arm and a leg on chillers. C02 is expensive though…

3 Likes