THCp Sourcing in CA

Hi yall

Wondering if anyone is making THCp from cannabis in California. Looking for L2L supply of THCp within California metrc and fully compliant etc etc… if that exists? Please DM me your email and pricing.

Thanks!

Highly doubtful its made from cannabis in CA under METRC. Unlikely to fall under the DCC’s jurisdiction based on its synthesis.

3 Likes

Does not exist, THCv just hitting CA market from biomass, we are a ways away from thcp if ever.
That being said I’m sure some shady places will happily charge you a bunch to reverse backdoor you some shady synthesized thcp. Wouldn’t recommend it though. Shops probably gonna call it gas station cannabinoids and you are opening yourself up to quite the mess selling high thcp anything in the regulated market.

3 Likes

You sure about that? Doug’s Varin came from California and was in dispos for years before being bought out by Big Hemp (OBX)

I still disbelieve their THcv carts were ever legitimate however. They were popping for d8thcv. Would be nice to finally see some legitimate grown THcv hash.

Still just sounds like someone fucking with the market with a Hemp conversion product.

Sprinkle a bit of isolate on flower and bam. It was grown I swear!

The story they sold is so fucking phony it’s incredible.

1 Like

we produce actual D9THCV products as detailed before on another post. Comes from flash chroma remediated distillate from a varin strain grown in Texas, its about 40% D9THCV after remediation. I’ve given some away on here before. We use it mainly to produce an altoid-like tablet

3 Likes

You may have had the odd flower strain testing high in THCv for a while but wasn’t easily obtainable until recently. Now you can buy Ls of THCv disty at a huge range if potencies or even THCva biomass for extraction. A lot is brought in synthetic but not all. There is a company licensing out their THCv cut finally.

3 Likes

It’s just good to have repeat people say they got it. I guess I’ll have to order some. Non converted material sounds awesome.

We have 4 1:1 thca/thcva strains we are releasing cuts of at the start of 2024 with 2 more we are working on cleaning up herms on and will have 1:1 thcv/thc autoflower seeds ready for outdoor season, also have a 10:1 cbd / CBDp cut we acquired that we will be working on and releasing our first round of genetics for sometime in 2025, we probably see strains high in thcp (up to 5%) being solidified and sold by 2030 IMO

1 Like

This post is about THCp. Is it possible to make from cannabis and is anyone making THCp in the CA L2L market?

CBDp route is the least synthetic… Iirc. Still goes through a typical CBD to THC process I imagine.

No…

And I answered you…

3 Likes

do you not understand the relevance of THCv?
(https://www.caymanchem.com/news/why-does-alkyl-chain-length-matter)
Or currently available genetics?

See maybe: CBDP and THCP?

Is it possible to make from cannabis

no. It cannot be “washed out” with current genetics.

is anyone making THCp in the CA L2L market?

No. one cannot change the length of the alkane tail on THC after it has been synthesized (by the plant), so one has to make it from scratch. the CA market does not allow synthetics.

Sci-Hub | Identification of olivetolic acid cyclase from Cannabis sativa reveals a unique catalytic route to plant polyketides | 10.1073/pnas.1200330109

the trick (biologically speaking) is to feed OAC a shorter or longer tetra-ketide (the TKS step) to the cyclase (OAC, although it won’t be Olivetolic Acid it is performing it’s ring closing magic upon).

Maybe start here: THCp Synthesis

3 Likes

Thank you for this detailed response. I have no chemistry background nor experience in synthesis. I will read up on what you linked to better understand the why’s

2 Likes