THCA vaporization:carts vs rig

Hello,
I was having a debate about THCA and thought I should ask what you guys think.

We have a pen cartridge that is made from bho that has been decarbed. The pen was not decarbed all the way, it was 50%delta9 and 25%THCA. My colleague tried the pen and said that it was not very strong, because the THCA was not activated before it vaporized.

To me this seems unlikely, does anyone have any evidence that carts dont decarb the THCA before it is vaporized? How might this be different than consuming the same oil via a dab rig?

I was under the assumption that all the THCA would be decarbed before vaporizing, or that if any THCA vaporized, it would be in seemingly insignificant amounts.

Let me know your thoughts

THCA if for sure decarbing to d9 when vaped. it was probably a different feel due to the size of the pull you can get off a pen vs a rig or possibly from the terpene profile.

1 Like

It takes heat energy to decarb the THCa, prior to being delta 9, once converted to delta 9, it then vaporizes.

So yes, there is heat being used to convert the THCa. That heat could be used to vaporize delta 9 if it was present, but 25% is THCa and is effectively a heat sink.

How much effect this has in reality…I have no idea.

Disclaimer - I am uneducated. Dont listen to me unless I’m right. If I’m wrong…tell me so I can learn.

7 Likes