THCA extraction from bad flower

Interesting concept:???
“”Perfect solventless cbd””. Define
“”Perfect pure thc crystals”” Define

This in non-commercial …just for your own pleasure?
Because someone will supply you with “the ONLY thing i cant control is the source material. I cannot grow and i don’t know if what i am getting is old or not, when it has been dried or not. the thca/thc ratio.”

Dream on…you are wasting everyone’s including your own time. It would be better to believe that Santa or the Easter bunnie will bring you some.

Sorry…to say.

1 Like

Do you have any pictures of the biomass you are trying to process and what contaminants are you afraid of?
What kind of hash did you try to press? Something you made yourself or something commercially available? If commercial, is this hash moroccan/bought in europe?

I think your best bet will be to extract with a non-polar solvent like heptane, as cold as you can, and do some CRC/adsorbant filtration.

• even if this solution doesn’t want to crystallize, I think you will have a cleaner and higher purity oil with a poor non-polar extraction and filtration than a poor solventless extraction - unless you seperate the trichome heads via static tech.

The pefect cbd would be the one i would buy that came out of solventless extraction such as the ones provided by highkind in the uk.

The perfect thc would be the crystals i would have gotten out of the flower products i buy thus removing all the contaminants.

It can’t be done… then i respect your opinion. I think i will pause the while thing until i can source better material.

I will try to research heptane and crc absorbption then. See what i can find.

Yes this was moroccan hash… the moment your press it, you know its dirty.

Best

So you’re pressing flower?!?

Make hash THEN press.

Or you’re not going to get your rosin clean enough.

What makes you believe they are producing CBD isolate in a solventless manner?!?

I’m not going to claim it’s impossible, but I find it highly improbable…and they don’t seem to think they carry any solventless products

4 Likes

Anything is possible to make a quality product.

What type of inputs are you using for your solventless product or looking to use, also if able to there is a thread that can help, there is quite a lot of reading & photos to it & “fun banter” but you can find some gems in the rosin threads

Remember prep is everything!

Moroccan hashs average potency is around 20% or so, the rest is god knows what.
As cyclopath stated, make bubblehash from your material and press that if you haven’t done so already.

Do you have any pictures of the material you are trying to work with?

1 Like

In theory you could first make rosin with your press, agitate it to produce a budder texture and then press it again.

1 Like

Thank you all for your help.

I will be posting pictures soon.

The problem with bubblehash is that it needs a freeze drier and they are expensive and nowhere to place in a small environement.

@cyclopath
The filter is kinda messed up i guess but they state that their products are full cannabis plant extracts using a distillation to keep the terpenes profile. Isn’t distillation solventless ?

Distillate/cannabis distillation uses either hydrocarbons or ethanol as a solvent.

In my opinion, distillate requires the most chemical interference/alteration out of all the methods of extraction.

It doesn’t need to be freeze dried, there is tricks to prevent rapid oxidation. There is still a huge debate about whether or not freeze drying damages sensitive and rare terpenes during the stress caused from cycling between frozen/heated to sublime the water, although the temperature remains low in a freeze dryer the stress can be damaging.

They only use them on a large scale in processing facilities because they’re fast and efficient for drying.

No it doesn’t, the fine art/tek of air drying can give you some amazing quality bubble hash/ full melt as well. Parameters you can achieve will be helpful as well in terms of cold storage, like a freezer that can hold trays worth of hash to dry.

Much like making bubble hash does not require a freeze drier, collecting trichomes does not require making “bubble hash”

On the other hand, making CBD isolate generally requires at least two solvents. A primary extraction solvent, and a crystallization solvent.

Folks using CO2 as a primary extraction solvent have been known to claim solventless. Then go ahead and winterize in ethanol, distill their cannabinoids, and crystallize in pentane

I’m not going to claim one CANNOT make solventless CBD isolate, but I’m certain the folks you’re purchasing from are not making such a product.

See: Any Old School hash masters out there?

2 Likes

I concur…I’ve (open) blasted high quality resinous buds…broke em up alot and room temp…no stones…shatter (just coffee filter on end)

I’ve also blasted lower quality but froze everything

(Cold pulls almost no chlorophyll, waxes, lipids, fats etc.)

And filtered it much more…
Got diamonds after 2 days…fully formed in like 7 mightve been 5 days can’t remember.

Appreciate the info :clap:

1 Like

I would say Pentane but Ive never worked with the stuff and I’ve never made really good rosin before so Idk but there’s other posts about Pentane…

Imo Pentane juse seems scary to work with is all which is why I don’t use it.

My 2¢

I agree. A lot of people jump to pentane for non polar solvents. The reality is the boiling point is low for most post processing work. Heptane is much safer but any non polar should be worked on with a good mask and plenty of ventilation.

2 Likes

MSDS knowledge as well
:grinning:

I still have much to learn…

2 Likes

Lots of info here.

Not quite as easy to locate as it once was…

6 Likes

Wow !

Magnificent