THCA Diamonds, Current rate? from THC trim or CBD Isolate?

Hi Guys, looking to see what fair market value for THCA Diamonds is going for right now.
Is it possible to make THCA diamonds from CBD Isolate?

Long answer: yes. Short answer: No
Also there isnt a general market rate for cannabis when where who and how much will change that answer

2 Likes

I guess what I’m trying to get at is that THCA diamonds from CBD isolate are cheaper to acquire than THCA diamonds made from Trim /fresh frozen/ whole plant etc.

and also if THCA diamonds are made from CBD isolate than obviously it’s not considered “hemp” anymore right?

1 Like

:point_up_2:

:point_up_2:

@BioHemp.THC Most THCa is from a trap lab, only products for sale L2L or with COC are from legitimate sources, and it can be made from cbd but that would be much more expensive and time consuming, I only know one lab going from CBD and their prices ar 4x what others are selling

3 Likes

may you please elaborate on the long answer Yes? sorry haven’t had my cup of coffee and I’m not understanding this part of your answer. thank you for helping me out though, now I know that you CAN NOT make THCA from CBD isolate

You can make a lot of different cannabinoids starting out with CBD isolate. Use the search bar and you’ll find more information.

It’s not anything you’re going to understand right away if you’re asking those kind of questions, but keep reading, there’s a lot of info here on that subject.

Some would consider thca isolate converted from CBD isolate to be “hemp derived” seems like nowadays a lot of that comes down to what state you live in.

6 Likes

It is possible. But the yield for recarboxylating is terrible (unless there are advancements I am not aware of).

OP, CBD → d8THC is much much more easily achievable.

any links to quality articles on re-carbing cannas?

THCA isolate from CBD isolate is not possible in practice. That’s not where it comes from.
Most THCA isolate is made from THCA flower which is not hemp - it’s schedule 1 marijuana. Note calling it hemp (Wanna buy some “high thca hemp”) is deceptive marketing and fraud, not a legal loophole. Same applies for all it’s extracts - it’s not hemp so none of them qualify for hemp compliance.

You can theoretically make THCA isolate from hemp flower (eg: CBDA flower) by doing a cold extract then isolating the THCA using chromatography and crystallisation. This product would arguably be hemp compliant. States with any understanding of cannabis (legal states) generally legislate to capture this as a non-hemp product - ie: only legal for licensed medical or recreational marijuana.

Current price for THCA isolate in the hemp market is around $10 per gram in bulk (kilograms). At that price it’s likely to be extacted from THCA flower rather than hemp. It’s unlikely to come with full chain of custody information you would want to demonstrate it’s really hemp in the event of law enforcement problems.

3 Likes

Same question but can you make THCA diamonds from CBDa?

2 Likes

The current price in bulk is about 50-60% below what you are saying elchemy and if your paying 10g well you know what to do.

1 Like

The ability to make these diamonds from CBDa seems more possible but i wouldnt know

Not easily either, apparently it’s easy to create abnormal forms of THCA and other strange molecules. Very low yield in the best case scenario. If I am wrong about this I would be very interested in talking to the person who has a scalable method.

1 Like

Thc-a diamonds CAN be made in bulk
2ways from hemp did itt and can do it again
Routes with highest yields
Cbd> recarboxilation to cbd-a > isomerization to thc-a yield 55%

Cbd-a isomerization to thc-a yield 72%
Use boron+ tresconizer as reagent works best

But when crystelizing the mother liqueur adds up althou new techs do help
And if having thc-a D8 in the end product is ok these Numbers. Can be quiet a lot higher and be proof of hemp derived
I am in whoever wan t to run volume
Hhc-a is also an option

11 Likes

For these the precursor must be high quality cbd-a >99%

5 Likes

For trap lab Thca being pushed as hemp maybe lmao but stuff with legit COC and COA paperwork from a LICENSED farm isnt cheap

1 Like

I have bulk hemp derrived THCa if anyone needs.

3 Likes

Did you end up manufacturing diamonds?

Started and all ready finished :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Moved on to the next project
But yes diamonds can be made
It s yust a matter of patience to make diamonds nothing else

2 Likes