THC syrup

Follow C-BASS’s guide with the 1000ml beaker. Use less water for thickness. Has been working wonderfully for me.

7 Likes

Try my recipe. I guarantee it will work.

You can venmo me whenever you like :wink:

8 Likes

This is the best bitter-bloc out there and works great for bittery syrup with delta 8

I swear you work for these guys

2 Likes

Well now I am curious… anyone else tried this suspendrx?

Yes it’s trash lol that’s why I find it so suspect that 99% of his posts bring it up. Most of which are really old threads that haven’t even been active which is the same thing you see all the cartridge vendors do on here.

It does not do anything for mixing oil and water if that is your goal. It is for people who want to think they’re making an emulsion but really they’re just making MCT oil tinctures with something in it to make it white in color.

6 Likes

Wack… thanks for letting me know.

Damn. Happened to order samples from this company not too long ago to fool around with and just haven’t gotten around to it yet. Any other bitter blockers you’ve had success with? Only thing I’ve found is that weird fermented mushroom company outta Denver that is prohibitively expensive at the scale we mfg at.

Bitter blocker is just a term used to hide otherwise inexpensive ingredients as proprietary. I don’t know anything about ones derived from mushrooms (that may actually be unique so I’m quite curious). I think any brand using a proprietary bitter blocker should be testing it beforehand to identify exactly what they’re adding to their products. If you decide to then source out the ingredients yourself because the supplier is marking them up an unreasonable amount or not providing adequate formulation services then that’s up to you.

I wouldn’t be able to suggest anything definitive without being working on it hands-on. I think a lot of people on here over simplify the process and equate bitter blockers to just adding sugar to something not realizing they create a trade-off. A lot of times the underlying issue is the formulation itself. Too much carrier followed by too much surfactant = too bitter. Too much bitter blocker then creates new stability issues and resets the cycle. It’s a balance.

If you’re trying to figure out what most companies are using, I suggest going down the rabbit hole by searching d-tryptophan (not l-tryptophan). Pretty quickly you’ll encounter some broadened overviews comparing many of the common options used together.

4 Likes

I literally use ethanol, coryn syrup, agave nectar, mct, flavoring, liquid lecithin and dist and never had any problems with sep. I am making a colloid once it hits the liquid… also only put this type into sugary water like soda or tea… will crash in regular water probably maybe due to dissolved minerals idk

@C-BASS13 have you ever subbed out anything like loranns oil/water soluble flavoring for the kool-aid packets? They have a lot more options for flavors. Might try a batch today

3 Likes

I have been looking at water-soluble flavors, but haven’t had the opportunity to branch out yet. Let me know how it turns out, I am very interested!

3 Likes

I use flavors from candyflavor.com and they work great. I used to use loranns oils and they also worked great.

I use disty, ethanol, MCT, VG, lecithin, and corn syrup.

1 Like

Can you double check that link? Not working on my end

2 Likes

Fixed it.

Blue raspberry and juicy fruitti are my favorites so far

1 Like

I like Capella’s flavorings a lot. Capella Flavors, Inc : Concentrated Multi-Purpose Flavoring

2 Likes

How do I got about getting the SOP? Plz and ty.

1 Like

There was one in the thread

I might
Gonna try this in a few daze
Thanks for the info

2 Likes

Curious, do you think this would work using other oils, such as essential oils?