THC syrup

No, I was going to make insecticide with a ultrasound, to spray on the cannabis plants… you know, the things that provide the oil. I believe in organic farming because I like good shit…and I don’t like pesticides, NPK fertilizers, or synthetic fungicides…
I make all of these naturally but the essential oil spray leaves a lot to be desired, hence wanting to get an ultrasound for thc drinks and pesticides… just wondered if this method of emulsifying would work like that… probably… but …probably not

1 Like

Organic farming is great, but why are you asking me how to make organic pesticides in a THC syrup thread? I am not sure what you want me to help you with. From what I read you are asking me if sunflower lecithin will mix with essential oils so you can spray your plants… Please correct me if I am wrong. Wish you all the best in your endeavors.

2 Likes

id like the SOP please can you send it over?

It’s the first fucking post

3 Likes

Do you think it could be whipped sugar? I tasted it and it tastes like meringue, kinda

1 Like

There is a high possibility that it is. I have opted to blend it back into my mixture and things have worked out even better than my previous formulation.

So instead of spooning out as much of the foam/gunk as I can I will instead blend it with my emulsion blender back into formulation when adding my flavoring. This has also increased the quality of the end product a ton. Smoother and slightly more pronounced color when I use koolaid packets.

3 Likes

Uploading: 16293002806457287235347494567731.jpg…

Amazing, been in the fridge for almost a week, no separation, a shot glass or two in water does the trick!
Great work, @C-BASS13

3 Likes

Reupload @_joe cant c it

2 Likes

I’ve been at a friend’s house with ZERO lab gear here.
It was scaled down 1:4
Bought an immersion blender.
Weighed the disty and ingredients, eyeballed the sunflower lecethin.
Used the microwave and a digital food thermometer to adjust temps and make the simple sugar… and a dab tool on a drill for mixing the d8 and lecithin.
In between making caramels and cleaning everything up for dinner.
1oz is about 100mg I think.
A bit bitter, but I eyeballed the lecithin
Def will do again

5 Likes

Oh yeah I thought I answered it but then I answered it myself.
I was asking if this formula would make essential oils water soluble, because I also make organic pesticides and nutrients and this would be sick
And then I realized that it would work
And then I realized I probably wouldn’t want to foliar spray the plants with sugar and honey in an attempt to get rid of insects🤣

6 Likes

Appreciate the feedback! I am happy to hear that this worked out for you.

2 Likes

the tiniest bit of xanthan gum in your lecithin/d8 mix will help emulsify as well as thicken the syrup. Super cheap and you use so little it doesn’t affect flavor at all, if anything it could help you use less lecithin which tastes terrible.

2 Likes

My formulation doesn’t need xanthan gum at all though. The flavor is great if measured 1:1, distillate to lecithin. Definitely make sure to follow the recipe exactly to get the best result. Stay Frosty!

3 Likes

I agree it absolutely does not need it, I was doing essentially the same thing for a while but with agave nectar instead of honey and it worked great but was too sweet IMO. So I started playing around with xanthan gum and realized I could use more water and achieve the same viscosity with 1/8 of a tsp of xanthan. Just a suggestion for people to experiment with that has worked great for me.

4 Likes

Just thinking out loud about your foliar spray…
Wouldn’t just xanthan gum and essential oils work? It’s an emulsifier, you just have to add it to the oil base then to the water.
Probably end up too thick to spray but that depends on how much essential oils are needed.

Plus I have no idea what it’d do to the plants

1 Like

Looked into xantham gum and it comes from bacteria and can cause plant diseases,
Essential oils are amazing pesticides and insect repellent a at various dosages

1 Like

Well that’s what I get for thinking out loud before checking ole google

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know that, and it sounded like a winner…until I checked it out.

1 Like

Almost looks like a super thin maple butter But it’s honey.
I’d bet it’s the same thing happening

“Maple butter, also known as maple cream or maple spread, is a confection made from maple syrup, by heating the syrup to approximately 112 °C, cooling it to around 52 °C, and beating it until it reaches a smooth consistency”

7 Likes

@_joe tell us moar about your formulations? Perhaps start a new thread? Sounds super interesting. Maybe drop a recipe or two on us to try?

2 Likes