THC syrup

I have figured it out on the forum people try to post products or processes they think are special when in reality it is easy to make. This is a forum to talk about it not hate when someone ask a question.

1 Like

Hi just want to say thank you so much for sharing. What timing are you getting from when you ingest the syrup to feeling an effect from it doing it this way.

I’m going with a lab scale unit from Glatt. What kind is @CATScientific making?

They do spray granulation and agglomerates and high shear. I used one from GEA before - it was pretty boss as well. I’m even finding them on the used market at this point. What size you going for? I’m looking for less than 100 liters if I can find it.

Did you try this way of doing it. What was the outcome?

Nah havnt tried yet

Hi nexus please can you send me a copy of the SOP please.

30min estimated effect

3 Likes

Check out my post in edibles. Using corn syrup sometimes a lil aguave nectar

When you mention Sunflower Lecithin does it matter whether it’s powder or liquid

1 Like

Liquid only i even go as far to only put the liquid in as some batches have solid parts like coconut oil does sometimes
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71OsgqO6ONL._AC_SX466_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg sometimes it like separates or something so its got liquid and kike a gooey portion

1 Like

Must be a liquid

1 Like

What brand of liquid curcumin with piperine did you use do you know? Also at what ratio? Im having trouble getting my curcumin powder to dissolve.

I have been using nanoemulsified d8 for my lean/syrup, and it works amazingly well albeit bitter as hell. Onset has been as low as 20min. That being said, it is relatively expensive, and microfluidizers are outrageously priced. I saved the SOP that C-BASS13 posted, but my question is: is there any settling? When nano emulsified, I have yet to experience any settling from my bottles sitting on the shelf for a good while.

1 Like

Yes there’s settling when u use that recipe. I did notice you can just stir that bitch right back to life though. Not awesome for packaged consumer goods but good enough for free bottles for the fam :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Alcohol tincture —-> non carbonated drinkable product. I make lemonades. Half a shot or shot glass worth. 2Liters makes 8 8oz drinks 100mg a pop is roughly 1g per 8 drinks. Not too shabby.

3 Likes

If anyone is interested, I have a full sop for making nano emulsified thc syrup. It took me a long time of r&d to perfect the recipe. All ingredients are safe and easy to find. The thc wont seperate and its shelf life is well over 6 months. Message me for more info!

15 Likes

Is the HLB value similar to soy lecithin?

So I’ve tried a different recipe, as I’m making a big batch and doing it with shatter and tincture. I’ve started out trying to get the syrup right before adding tincture. I’m need to make 1700ml of syrup. I I used same parts water to sugar and 7tbls of sunflower lecithin and 3 teaspoons of citric but no matter how long I blend 15mins to be precise the sunflower lecithin just sits on top. What could be the issue. My syrup is a very pale blonde colour with a layer of sunflower lecithin and foam on top.

1 Like

I am not sure what you are asking me. If you aren’t following my exact recipe then I cannot help you. As I stated earlier, I am not a chemist. I did my research and the exact recipe that I posted is what I have found to work.

I would recommend not using a tincture as there is no reason for you to do so. If your oil is already decarbed, then it is ready to be mixed in with the sunflower lecithin. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I have no idea. you would have to find that out on your own.

2 Likes