THC remediation that isn’t chromatography

Are you sure you’re not just misidentifying a peak that looks like d9? We’ve seen people with triple quads going the other way, rather than proving it is d9 the triple quad can prove it isn’t d9… along with careful chromatography.

3 Likes

only if it is being widely used…

so your plan is to run all the labs?!?

useful? Or mission critical?

My favorite color is “see through”, pretty sure I’m not alone in my desire for transparency.

Are you willing share how many samples you’ve actually validated your super secret lie detection test against? Or how you independently identified “liars”?

neither of which actually require revealing your method…

doing so would make your claim of “we can tell” sound a lot less like “we think we can tell”.

2 Likes

We’re as sure as we can be at this point. We have seen some odd peaks that still need some work to identify, but we’re running remediated samples on LCMS-MS.

The validation is mission critical if we’re actually going to market it as an actual service beyond what I’m typing here.

You’re right, we would want to know the remediation technique. We’re certain it will work with convergence and closed loop.

We need to understand if it is worth scaling to apply to entire batches or to use it as an initial blind check when assessing a new or existing remediator.

I just asked my scientist working it and he said we’ve done it three or four times so far.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

Example of “this looks wrong” that looks to be wrong…

Looking for THC Remediation Contracts

1 Like

i like the idea of adding trace elements or something inert to track batches

now back to you elite scholarly gentlemen spoon feeding us bread crumbs that probably lead nowhere or you wouldn’t even hint at a hint

whats it gonna cost for one of you little hustlers to send me a sop you aquired in whatever manner you did? I know dozens of you on here have a few proven methods.

who wants some free money for forwarding me an email or sending a few screenshots?

3 Likes

i don’t like the idea of adulteration period

1 Like

This is what happens when you mix
money
and
Medicine

You get

Impurities

6 Likes

You know there’s a published patent on this

Its not as simple as just filtering with alumina and carbonate though

I have the patent and the link to it

(This is what they were doing to make complient crude at Extractech, they were able to take crude with 3% thc a in it and reduce it to .19 with just filtration and a special extraction method)

1 Like

Cool why don’t you post the link to the patent @Kingofthekush420?

2 Likes

Patent link?

We would love that link hombre

1 Like

I didn’t realize 3A zeolites would adsorb cannabinoids at all. A little concerned all of a sudden because I’ve been using them to dry heptane before CRC style polishing. Ruh roh

1 Like

@Roguelab hit the dm and let’s talk dollars

The patent has been posted multiple times on this forum

It’s catalytic decarboxylation over an activated alumina column

3 Likes

No worry s it s not an attraction of pore size but of polarity acidic cannabinoids are atracted by the zeolite

1 Like

Sounds like it’s probably still a good idea to not run heptane with acidic cannabinoids over 3A molsieve unless I plan on eluting them with toluene? Or would a sufficient flush of heptane pull them eventually?

There’s loads of other drying agents I could use, I just have a shitload of 3A already in the lab

You run with heptane to split the cannabinoids
You flush with touleen to get the cannabinoids of the molsieves

4 Likes

Gotcha. I appreciate you walking me through that

2 Likes

Indeed.

I talked to a biotech pro, and hemp having upto 25%-30% cbx is probably a record holder in these secondary plant metabolite production terms…

I thing the industry wont change in this manner.

But thc free methids will eventually be obsolete eith gmo thc free strains coming soon…

Some companys did it long ago but this is soemthing you will have a hard time finding the breeding program and finding the right genetics, even more so than the elusive than the 40y old patent hunt…

So the yeast got no chance, but the gmo sytnese knocked out plants do…:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes