THC isolation from crude CBD oil

Farmers up here in NV exposed to the same problem. Hundreds of farmers and only a handful of inspectors to do the pre-harvest testing. Going to result in delays and inevitably several crops running hot.

1 Like

On it already. I will be running accurate test this week. DM me if you are interested.

but it need authorization to see this :pensive:

What do you mean ?

to see the SOP… im very intrested in this cbd quinone

At the top of the website there is a link to library genesis. Follow it and use the scientific article search function to grab it. I am an ACS member through work so I am a little paranoid about posting a copy without knowing what meta-data is in the pdf.

1 Like

Thank you bro i really appreciate

We have been getting inquiries for THC free crude… we have a purifldsh unit, but I don’t know how we could do that and make it economically feasible when the input material is around 65% CBD. Also, the crude has other crap in it that I think would bind to the column and potentially mess up the fractions. Has anyone had success running crude on flash chromatography? Seems like distillate is a better starting material.

2 Likes

I would highly recommend that you DO NOT run crude through that flash unit. Your column will not appreciate that.

A better idea may be to do some color remediation on that crude. You should be able to get a deep amber red-ish crude. Filter it heavily and clean it up as much as possible, maybe share some pics after, but I still think you are up against a cost-of-production issue.

2 Likes

Run the crude through an alumina plug before you put it into a flash system. Alumina will catch a lot of junk that you don’t want from the crude.

5 Likes

What kind test unmbers u talkin. 10% THC or
really highh numbers

No doubt CBDA crystallizes.

The photomicrograph is of CBDA crystals in some hemp extracted CBD crude (not winterized), you can easily see clear polygonal crystals amongst the air bubbles and the amber base resin.

2 Likes

@hash123 day late dollar short

It depends if it’s an accident or on purpose lol

2 Likes

I’m chasing the- Cryo QWET, Winterization/Filtration, Degum, LLE, CRC to then attempt crashing CBDA, pulling mother liquor & then attempt crashing out THCA. It’s a long process, but seems feasible & is actually reasonably scalable in comparison to Flash or CPC, etc.

Any insight? I know it’s a LOT of steps and the CBDA and THCA isolation aspects are finicky(sp?), but doable…

2 Likes

Hi, first time post here. Just wanted to comment that if the pH was swung very low from addition of HCl, then CBD may be converted to THC through electrophilic addition across the exocyclic CBD alkene, which results in ring closure and formation of THC. So that is just to caution that if a low pH was obtained through use of HCl, then the effect of the basic wash of the hemp crude on THC concentration may not be fully established yet! I would recommend a wash with ammonium chloride (1 M aqueous) until the pH is near neutral - it’s much easier to use than trying to wash with HCl or other strong acids.

6 Likes

Hi @Xtractek, I am also considering a similar process which would rely on cold ethanol and plant material to perform extraction and winterization in one step. I would caution you to choose your color remediation cartridge (CRC) carefully to avoid the use of acidic clays or other acid-washed adsorbents which will promote conversion of CBD → THC through acid-catalyzed ring closure.

4 Likes

Cbg to cbd conversion?