THC isolation from crude CBD oil

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1802990/

Would this be similar to St, Johns wart?
@Roguelab now u got my like :face_with_monocle::thinking::man_shrugging::man_pilot:
I’m guessing there’s something awesome here and I have no clue? Drop any hints?

https://www.aafp.org/afp/2007/0801/p391.html

I have been told in person that cbd quinone has a better bodyuptake than cbd
And that iT has better Medicinal propertys
By Arno hazekamp

5 Likes

Hey guys, did anyone end up having success with this? Including test results?

Problem is none of that is scalable easily. Massively labor intensive and appears you get a decent amount of loss with the CBD that goes out with the thc layer. Looking like a 100k column chrome unit that can make 3-5 kilos a day is gonna be a winner.

That being said does this thc free “crude” (we will call it that for now as thc disti would be separate and there’s no term for shit in the middle of those) crash out really hard like thc free disti does?

Thc free disti is essentially just wet isolate by the time it gets to the customer.

2 Likes

Too much loss, and on top of that if you don’t get your pH perfect after, you’ll isomerize CBD to Delta 8/9.

Will be exploring the dry chroma next.

3 Likes

Yup. All these techs “work” theoretically and scientifically but applying them without repercussions and loss is just not possible to be efficient.

What chrome you going with ? What’s its capacity ? Look into into something that just inputs crude and spits out isolate essentially. Good bye distillation

1 Like

@coppertop did you get tests back on this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxK72HOBHYi/?igshid=142q6f8v8sq9g

Im 8 months late and I’m not claiming to understand fully what ive done here but… I believe this is crystallized CBDA in native terps

1 Like

Yea! Went from 2.7% to 2.2% THC. I was swinging the Ph pretty dramatically though with NaOH and HCl. Though I didn’t get the THC anywhere near what I wanted to, the lab claims my CBD content went from 78.4% to 88%. I don’t buy that claim from the lab of 88% crude, but it was crystallizing extremely fast like distillate, so it might be worth looking into doing simply for cleaning up a bunch of other crap. I remember pulling all kinds of other gunk in this experiment. I tried isolating and while it crashed quickly I still ended up with very dirty crystals.

3 Likes

Bump
I’ve been doing legislative work for the past month…
Way behind…acetate is being made anyone had luck or info? I’ll get caught up soon.

1 Like

Ya damn how did the cbd gain cannabinoid values I saw only the cbg go down??? Lab issues!! :exploding_head:
Without being able to trust the lab tests everything is damn near worthless :tired_face:

3 Likes

Yea, the lab options I have in my state are horrible, but it’s what I have to deal with until I can get in house analytics. I’m still trying to figure out wtf could have happened there. Because despite my distrust of the lab results, I did observe much faster crystallization with the crude after my Ph swings than I did before my experiment, so I think that’s evidence of a real increase in CBD.

1 Like

What are your options for creating a bridges partnership with a local college or Univerosty chemistry department?
I’ll corcle back and see what you started with, can’t remember what might have been in there that would Be water soluable.
I’m wondering if the concentration rather just improved and total mass then went down which makes sense it would be more cbd concentrated per volume and would definitely crash easier :sunglasses:

Thank for the consistent updates on your experiment. Incredibly helpful

1 Like

What state are you in?

I’m in NM.

1 Like

You growing any hemp this year?

Nah, not this year. Between the learning curve in growing and the state still having their heads up their ass afa regulation and inspection goes, I figured I should probably just focus on extraction and maybe give it a crack next season when I’m more established and the regs are more clear. I was talking to a grower who just started this year and he was talking about all the inspection questions he had for the state that were met with “idk” and understandably made him uneasy. I have a feeling there’s going to be a ton of people having to pay to get their crops destroyed because of our inaccurate labs and confusion over exactly what the state is requiring.

Really dang I heard they just test off d9 there we are doing some acres that way

1 Like

From what I understood you have to test every plant to be sure and you have to set up an appointment with them to come and test a random plant before you can even harvest. Which I would assume is a little risky, since leaving the plant in longer than anticipated could increase THC levels from what I heard. Idk why they wouldn’t just allow you to harvest before inspection. If you guys use a testing lab in NM, I’d recommend going with Rio Grande Analytics out of Las Cruces. I’ve had a few minor issues with them for potency tests, but the other lab up in Santa Fe is a joke if you want accurate potency tests within a week of sending them a sample.

1 Like