THC Inhalers

Making THC inhalers. When we use anything besides THC it doesn’t give a tingle in the back of throat. THC does. Any suggestions in how to fix that?

2 Likes

are you talking about hash sprayed into your throat? I have experienced some nasty stuff when making emulations, the way the hash would drop out and instantly cling to the back of your throat was sticky and kind of burned a little.

2 Likes

No, just like asthma inhalers.

Iv’e never “hit” an asthma inhaler, does it burn?

This answer is coming from my asthma experience, not thc inhaler experience.

Consider using a spacer. It allows the vapor to fully expand and be inhaled properly, avoiding the direct overspray to the back of the throat, and allows the bioavailability of the medication to go way up (you can easily notice the efficiency boost through the difference in how much better the medicine works.

You can also see if you have a misfire due to not shaking, extreme temperatures, or to frequent use.

They also have a valve and a whistle to give an indication of proper breathing strength for the inhale. Particularly useful for people who are not used to using inhalers.

May or may not fix your problem, either way it’s a good idea

6 Likes

Here is the setup and one of the inhalers. When you take a “hit” it only tingles the throat with THC. CBD inhalers are just fine. Like an asthma inhaler. No feeling in the throat at all. Some companies in the states have them with THC and they do not have an effect on the throat.

I’m going to try the spacer and see what happens.

2 Likes

what are you using for the propellant?

2 Likes

When I used to make CBD bho, the dabs would expand my lungs instantly. Definitely a cool product if dialed in.

1 Like

Are you making a DPI?

1 Like

Ethanol. When we do with CBD or just etoh it doesn’t do it at all. Just like an asthma inhaler.

I rubbed washed raw decarbed diamonds on my gums once… Burnt and tingled my gums for hrs! I remember telling @Soxhlet about it! Thc definitely gives that tingle!

Looking for pharmaceutical grade 134a propellant? DM me.

3 Likes

I wake up every day and take a b/pho dab. My wife actually prefers them to high thc dabs.

1 Like

glad to see you’re using a spacer…

Nice set up!

What’s the ticket on one of those units?

2 Likes

The throat hit can be caused by the ratio of ethanol:cannabinoids if it is higher than 10% EoTh you can expect it to ‘burn’ the back of the throat. THC itself is also an analgesic and can cause localized numbing effects which I assume would be more sensitive on the inside of your body. Using a spacer will decrease the effectiveness of the inhaler over all as there will be much more particle deposition. What is your ratio ethanol:cannabinoids? Are you using a stabilizer such as SPAN-80? Does your formula include terpene?

Not sure on that specific unit but you can expect to get in around $43,000 for high quality machines and around $16,000 for Chinese made stuff. Not trying to knock the Chinese machines but I have heard of problems with wear components such as the crimping heads failing pre-maturely, and filling amounts not being consistent. It would seem the company R2 just buys white-labeled equipment, slaps their logo on it and gives its customers guidance on how to start making aerosol products. If you’re looking for someone to get you up to speed on aerosol products I may be able to help. Or you could contact R2 they are used by lots of reputable companies r2innovations r2-works

4 Likes

Awesome! I really appreciate the info on that. It would be neat to get into aerosol products, but not at this time. Will definitely reach out if we do end up down that route.