THC Free Crystallization Resistant Distillate

CBG to CBC works when you push electrons around. The way you synthesize CBC is by essentially making CBG with a good leaving group on it and it will undergo a ring closure to CBC.

Hereā€™s a couple.

It certainly can be. That result looks pretty similar to mine, the idea is that it doesnā€™t crystallize spontaneously.

On a more general topic, i bet the addition of a little bit of some polymer (food type, of course) could stop crystallization. I havenā€™t done tests yet but Iā€™m hoping to.

How resistant have you tested this to be? cause at 80% im not convinced it would be

2 Likes

Name some conditions worth trying I have cbg extract
From a different plant but 13 % in the crude can try to spd it and go from there

1 Like

I would try one run with acidic conditions and a second with alkaline, and neutral as a control

1 Like

Makes sense which acids would you recomend trying
Strong as in Hcl or t sulfonic acid
Or weak as in activated carbon bentonite etc
Is CBC a solid at room temp ?
Does it cristelize since standards are available this shoul be known
Just lazy :eyes:

Well thatā€™s a good question. Just theoretically Iā€™d be more interested in hcl. But if weā€™re trying to simulate typical conditions adsorbents would be more applicable.

As far as whether itā€™s a crystal, i donā€™t know. The standards are only available as solutions and i couldnā€™t find a report

1 Like

CBC is a yellow oil at room temperature.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy: all my oils are CBC
Gust kidding

2 Likes

a little late to the party but they definitely arenā€™t use MgO to spike the pH to create their CRD.

Hey guy so recently i tried to crystalize d8 with cbd by homogenizing d8 distilate with cbd distilate. D8% was around 25% and cbd was around 40% with a total % of around 84%. Ive had it in a fridge at 25Ā° with no crystalization 7 hours in. Ill keep u updated if i can find this thread. My question is what did you do to make it crystalize??

Honestly that result looks like a mother liquor that has gone through chromatography for thc remediation. Donā€™t hold much weight to most labsā€™ accuracy of CBC if it was 10% CBC then itā€™s right inline with some of my clients remediated mother liquor. And with enough oxygen and heat that oil will start to crystallize over time IMO and experience

1 Like