THC Free Crystallization Resistant Distillate

OK, so maybe they are falsely identifying D10 as CBC.

The point remains that they are doing something to the distillate to prevent it from crystallizing, and claim that something to be isomerization.

Does 5-10% D10 prevent CBD from crystallizing?

If you donā€™t know what method the test lab is using i donā€™t see how you can just assume d10 and CBC will overlap under it. I have made this point many times and nobody has answered where they get the confidence to say this. Iā€™ve also showed chromatograms that under my test conditions degraded distillate formed 3+ peaks none of which were anywhere near CBC. So if most cases of massive degredation form some d10, clearly at least one common HPLC method is separating it fine.

Could it? It spontaneously nucleatesā€¦ That would be odd imo.

The company I use utilizes HPLC/DAD.

I mean more what solvent gradient and column are being used

What if itā€™s CBG converting to CBC?

1 Like

I was thinking this, through a catalyst?

Thereā€™s definitely SOME type of acid in my crude, and I am not putting it there.

Iā€™m not sure if heā€™ll tell me that or not, if I get that info can you confirm whether or not he is accurately quantifying things?

I donā€™t think that CBD can turn into CBC. We all know that it can turn into THC though. If you look at the attachment, both pathways are possible but CBD to CBC is breaking a carbon-carbon bond. This requires a lot of energy (346 KJ/mol). Sure you all might have seen CBC in a chromatogram at some point in time. A radical can form and make this happen but how can you control it to ensure that undesired reactions do not occur?

Looking at the CBD to THC pathway, it does not require as much energy to undergo this process. So the real question is how to control this process and how to avoid getting a mixture?

CBD to THC maybe CBC.pdf (60.0 KB)

4 Likes

From what Iā€™ve seen Guud makes a crystal resistant cbd that around 12% delta 10. Its around 55-60% CBD. At those % you would only crystallize 5 to 10% of a liter. After you use tepenes and dilutent I bet it would never crystallize. I couldnt find the thread with the test in it I saw from guud. Its somewhere on here. I know they are using MgO to spike the Ph because Leo dropped that dime at the last knowledge sesh in the Hollywood hills so I know thatā€™s what there doing. I have 20 liters of cbd crude should I test it for you? :slight_smile: Iā€™m also attempting the d10 catalyst to see if itll just isomerize thc

1 Like

No, honestly, i couldnā€™t beyond all doubt unless i had a d10 standard. I could venture a guess though. The method i used was run on distillates with all manner of mystery peaks and never returned a high CBC number so i imagine it can separate them.

@magisterchemist Any idea what cannabinoid it could be?

CBG ā†’ CBC seems like a fairly plausible reaction. I would like to see some experiments running high CBG oil through a boiling flask under various conditions.

3 Likes

Very soon my friend :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Future how much for some CBG crude for me to play with? :wink:

This is a result I was given for some ā€œcrystallization resistant distyā€

1 Like

meme1

The zoom function works.

1 Like

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/ddleo2h

Heres the guud test.

I bet you could crystallize that