THC distillate that is a mix of delta 9 and delta 8?

Nah thats alkaline silica with a top of metal oxides and heavy metals.

This paper details the exact composition as well as several others. BRP stands for black rock playa

https://foresight.org/Conferences/MNT05/Papers/Gillett1/

What would you guess forms with that as a sicate based catalyst?

link 404

Was this a broker or processor? Would love to know who :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This is going be the new normal.

The ethics of this are interesting.
How do we feel about the product itself? Is it safe? Is there really any difference or anything wrong with it?

(I’m a THC license holder so obviously this CBD->THC thing is bad news for me, but I am still very interested in the conversation surrounding cannabinoid conversions)

2 Likes

As thc isnt legal here, i can give a consumer opinion. I don’t want converted products after trying several sketchy d8 conversions id be pissed if i got converted d9. Most people attempting this don’t know enough to do so safely. I stopped attempting conversions to d8 because I am in the group that cannot guarantee a safe product

4 Likes

in my experience the converted d8 liters are unusually nice looking or clear

M̶y̶ ̶a̶d̶v̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶l̶d̶e̶n̶,̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶d̶9̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶v̶o̶i̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶f̶t̶

edit: apparently these are not good indicators, testing is the only way

4 Likes

Soft is the opposite of how I would describe d8. a decent cheap test would be to just pull out a string of it and see how it behaves. D8 will stick to itself like the string off a hot glue gun and won’t break until it gets so thin that your HVAC will carry it away d9 tends to have less plasticity

7 Likes

interesting, the highest d8 liters Ive had is I think 68% so maybe it was the other remaining stuff that made them soft

2 Likes

Yeah, d8 is anything but soft. It’s much harder than d9 actually. The clear thing is a much better indication of an isomerization.

I’m just going to say it; color and stability are not good indicators as to wether material has been converted.

6 Likes

Yeah u gotta get it tested. Ive produced water clear rock hard d9, water clear rock hard d8 and one time i made some water clear soft d8. Color and stability dont correlate.
Imo if u want to know ur selling quality oil and not trying to compete with this “lesser quality” converted oil, then you need to make water clear d9. Minimize the d8 as much as possible becuase going forward having d8 in there means u cheated at some point…
You need to get all your Ls tested now so u can prove yours is all d9 instead of the mix that everyonr else is offering for much less.
D8 is not as good as d9 for the regular smokers, d8 is only better than d9 for some specific medicinal needs and to formulate a “sativa” cart, d8 is less potent and acts more of a daytime smoke, i can dab 3-4x as much d8 and still not have the same heavy eye stone that d9 can achieve

6 Likes

Ok edited original post

and yes d8 is definitely different when smoked or eaten. Weaker and different effects

2 Likes

yeah i was like heyy thats not nice, i make some good clear d9, dont get people thinking my stuff isnt top notch haha i put alot of work into getting it clear and not conveting over hahaha
But i will say true water clear d9 is almost as rare as a unicorn, everyone that ive asked to see their coa when it came out water clear, couldnt show me :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

From our experience it should be 80-95% purity and i agree color shouldnt be how you judge quality or potency. The delta 8 is more of a body high and light head buzz. It will be geared more towards an appetite promoter that is stronger than delta 9, has show very effective in shrinking tumors in mice so far, also calming. Id but it more on the lines of sativa feelings.

@anon1342 this person was converting cbd over so like the other guys said it is a rip off at those prices. i buy 100s of liters of full spectrum distillate at less than $500 a KG… Converting isnt too hard.

@midsfactory i dont think you have too much to worry about for id say a year. coverting the cbga to thc is a lot easier except the cbg is more expensive than cbd. That is changing heavily though i mean i get cbg liters for $2500 evven at that price i can covert to about the price of what traditional notne metrc prices. however where this will make its mark is the way the laws are written delta 9 and delta 8 derived from industrial hemp is 100% legal. If the laws stay the same this can effect stuff because now tecnically dispensaries are not going to have to pay the extra taxes associated with.

To be honest this industry hasnt even gotten to the point where growing the plant is ony useful for the fiber and industrial applicaions. I along with other companies are working on stuff that will take this in the direction of vitamin c production.

In regards to the delta 9 clear can anyone explain what the red tint was in the oil when everyone was first doing this? I remeber working with a processer in LA who when i asked for water clear d9 he said i dont want that because the processes requires more solvent and will oxidize rapdly.

I dont mean to add anything against the water clear i just never expanded my knowledge on it and im currious here especially seeing that D8 is water clear.

2 Likes

Delete the /“a” in link

2 Likes

fixed @rowans link

1 Like

I am not ignoring your question, it’s simply over my head. Still playing catch up on chemistry

I am not a Filter Bot, although I play one on TV

1 Like

This stuff is going for $2500-$3000 in CA, $2000 by the box

13 kilos cbd isolate yields ~10 kilos d8/d9 disty 76% yield by input weight

$9750 + $750 for consumables.$8500 for 10 liters without calculating the 24 hours of labor required which includes cleanup.

I can actually get the CBD to 85+% d9

7 Likes

Can I see that coa? Thats super impressive

1 Like