THC carts crystallizing? New to wiped film.

So I’ve been trying to read up on this, but I’m only finding CBD cart info about crystallizing… Sorry.
I’ve been running into a problem with carts getting cloudy/crystallizing after about a week or so of them being filled.
This is only happening with a new supplier, that has wiped film distillate, so I’m assuming it’s not decarbed?

If the issue is simply not being decarbed, what’s the best way to decarb my existing distillate? Everything I’ve come across is about decarbing crude before the pass. Hotplate at 150c for a few hours?

My initial thought was that these looked like they got water in them, but that’s not the case. I attached a few pics.

Everything else ive ever used to make carts with was from an SPD, so this is a new problem for me. I don’t add any cuts, and I fill at 85-90C, using 8% floraplex terps.

I really appreciate this forum, and thanks for reading this. It’s been a great source of info so far.

Was it properly winterized?

1 Like

You ever consider that its not what the supplier is truly giving you?

3 Likes

I’m not sure if it was properly winterized, to be honest.

Distillator: the seller came highly recommended through mutual friends, the distillate definitely still gets me ripped when I dab it, etc. I have 3rd party testing getting done atm.

1 Like

Sorry to say but there is no way thca comes out of a wiped film in quantities large enough to cristelize like that
And THC doesn t cristelize at all
So I am afraid you have some real nice CBD carts

8 Likes

Have it tested at a lab, that will hit the nail on the head.

Still gets him high when he dabs it, my bet is on fats/lipids, u sure those are Crystals?

2 Likes

I had this same exact problem a week or two ago and made a post on it. I now believe it’s water. It’s hard to tell from the picture…can you see tiny crystals? Or is it just cloudiness? Do you keep your Floraplex terps in the fridge prior to mixing? I stored my terps in the fridge and I think they picked up some water which caused cloudiness. And did you store the carts in the fridge after you filled them? Could also be a source of water.

So, after opening up a few affected carts, Ive noticed that it’s definitely more of a cloudiness than a crystallization. They turn cloudy slowly, and then if re-heated, they regain their clarity. I’m attaching a pic of one that was reheated that started seperating again after a day or two. It seems the functionality isn’t really impaired, it’s just visually unappealing.

Nothing was stored in the fridge or anything. Just a cool dark dry place. The terps are older, but this doesn’t happen on carts made with dist from an SPD. I feel like something is crashing out of the mix. This is really weird.

1 Like

Thats cbd

2 Likes

I’ve seen delta-10 crystallize in carts before, but not like that. That would appear to be CBD.