Thc-a Recrystallization (alex siegel method)

Btw I really dig your water method, love how the diamonds drop after they get heavier. Great work man.

7 Likes

What is the nominal size before they fall?

You can ‘harvest’ them if you poke them into the water layer, not sure what the upper limit is

Interesting. Could you suspend a seed in it just by carefully lowering it into the alkane layer?

Not very big if done correctly. I’m working on repeating results like this

7 Likes

Looks like a nice enough dab.

Taste test :sweat_smile:fckn hate heptane

3 Likes

Lol I actually have not tried them yet, what do you think makes them taste bad? I’ll try a dab today, fully purged so I hope they don’t taste bad.

1 Like

Heptane has an odor threshold that can be tasted in the PPB, with terps they will probably taste fine but might have a foul chemical taste similar to merpectan

2 Likes

XD I’ve made some cbd diamonds that I tried for science. Never again.

2 Likes

Hey dm me when you get a chance got a website question. Appreciate it

1 Like

I haven’t noticed much of an issue with flavor. I don’t consume them with terps though. If I’m consuming a crystalline cannabinoid I like to let it go through the steps of melting and fully decarbing before inhaling or adding any terpene to the mix.

By consuming THCa this way it guarantees that neither CO2 or solvent contaminate the dab. My reasoning is that even with perfect residual solvent testing any single crystal could contain solvent imperfections.

6 Likes

Do you have a source for that? Most sources are pulling up around 150-300 PPM.

1 Like

I had a jar of heptane diamonds and they had zero odor after purging

Why decarb your dab? My diamonds test ND easy as hell. 1000x more unwanted solvent in any diamond I gave you vs basically and HTE. Unless you count CO2 lol

1 Like

@Dukejohnson Decarb takes time. Inhaling as the crystal melts id guess only results in like 50-70% decarb.

If the oil is 99% THCa then the crystal will have a ton of THCa left to decarb still. Might as well vape d9 THC rather than non active THCa.

Avoiding inhalation of the CO2 is also a plus

11 Likes

Reclaim has thca in it!!! Tested and proven.

9 Likes

Crystal lunnnngz squaddd

XD maybe hot bangers are back in style

Tried a recrystallization in straight n-butane. This is my first attempt and have learned a lot. I have some Pentane on order and am going to try to slow it down.

1 Like

Alex, I have gone through multiple post of yours and am still searching for a few variable controls that I cant find.

1. What temp are you allowing your pentane/heptane/extract/DI water set at to crystallize. Are you slowly dropping temps from what range.
  2. What ratio exactly is your pentane/heptane to crude?
  3. How long is this process taking to start to see crystals form? IN other words when should you give up and make an adjustment.
  4. Can you do this with full spectrum crude meaning when extracted with 2-3 different polarity solvents or can you do it on delipidated and CR washes using any combination of molecular filtration medias such as Activated Charcoal or Zeolites or any of the various clays or other media?

When I say full spectrum I mean full spectrum. I dont mean full spectrum single polarity ranges.

I am new to the forum and cannot figure out how to direct message or private message. I own pforma processing systems and can run a multi polarity process at any temp a chiller can reach using any appropriate load ratio at any scale. But at large scale super cold and super fast are not practical or economical. At this scale you are looking at being closer to equilibriums on all controls relative to our atmosphere. This large scale process is all passive with 100% solvent recovery of every solvent used or can choose which one to leave behind for post processing if required. I have a lot of IP and am willing to open my methods for a better crystallization method on crude because this is real crude as they say concrete. This process can extract 25-50% more targets than a single polarity solvent when used alone. We have learned a lot by checking polarity at various stages over the decades and now know that a multi polarity extraction process is the future however due to the vast array of total output the SOPS written for single solvent polarity processes are not always applicable. No matter if it is single solvent CO2, ETH, or HC extractions. I have decades of experience extracting quite a bit of ethnobotanical varieties. I have spent years developing SOPs for various cleaning isolation processes and tied them to very efficient extraction processes. Really no limit but I have learned that I like my years and dont have the time to waste figuring all this out as most processes/products are short lived anyway. Sort of like tech becoming obsolete. I would rather trade and collaborate and get there quicker. How can we contact each other?

1 Like