Thank you @c1d1labs

Just wanted to thank @c1d1labs for all their help and expertise getting our place setup and going. We bought their 10x20 booth. Assembly was kinda fun, pretty easy, and wiring it was a cinch. Instructions and diagrams were clear, even still I called them a bunch of times about stuff that was clearly written in the instructions, lol. We passed all of our BFS inspections last week and our license is pending. Thank you to Alex, Catherine, George, and the rest of the team at C1D1 Labs!

25 Likes

Looks awesome ! Wish I would have hired them to do mine.

1 Like

The easy approval package was a huge help.

4 Likes

Congrats you guys! Can I ask what’s going on with the water heater and barrel?

2 Likes

Purging air out of the system. The water heater is for our distillation heat. Eventually the barrel will be gone, but it’s there until we’re sure there’s no air left.

1 Like

Would love to see some photos of what that water heater system? Curious to see what a BFS approved system looks like

1 Like

This is a closed loop system built for a instant water heater. It comes with a water make up line, air seperator and pump

It was later retrofitted with a check valve to stop
The water make up line from back flowing through the system, as well as another air seperator on it’s way into the heater.

7 Likes

I’ll get some pics. It’s relatively simple, though. It’s a 1/2hp pump, small expansion tank, and a 5500 watt electric water heater. I think it pumps about 10 gal/min. It’s plumbed in and out of the booth mostly with pex.

The pump is mounted to a frame with valves for suction and discharge.

They barely looked at it but were really adamant about having the non-potable water stickers.

3 Likes

That’s badass!

3 Likes

If you go that route in the future buy a lpg water heater. It’ll save a ton on electricity and space in the panel

Edit: Cracked phone screen makes this so much more challenging

3 Likes

Several questions,

1. is the grundfos a booster pump?
  2. why is the valve on the line out of the air separator closed off?
  3. is the loop flowing across the air separator or in through the left side and out through the bottom?

What is the very bottom line?

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip!

Here’s one in exchange:

Don’t use galvanized fittings or pipe with Dowfrost. The zinc in the glavanized pipe reacts with the corrosion inhibitor and will create sediment in the system. We have to swap those out with stainless, copper, or brass. That’s what I get for not reading the product info sheet all the way through the first time…

We used Dowfrost instead of just water for freeze protection in our heat exchangers and collection pot.

2 Likes

In this photo the system wasn’t being used, so the water make up line is off.

The grudfos is the only pump driving the system

Water from the make up flows up the bottom of the air separator and directly into the pump. Now there is a check valve to the right of the air seperator to prevent back flow into the heater.

The top is return water from the heater and the bottom is water out to the heater

3 Likes

No expansion tank necessary?

Negative

Proper design, engineering, and equipment. Love seeing it come together. Much love :slight_smile:

5 Likes