Thank me later Δ8THC via ptsa

If I’m not mistaken, you’ve said before you’ve seen upwards of 90% d9 in dry conditions, is that correct? Sounds like phosphoric is still the safest way to get there.

1 Like

:musical_note: I think your peak separation is sexy :musical_note:

1 Like

So this confirms d8 is synthetic . Crazy how so many people are risking it. I finally got an answer back from the nv hemp director and she clearly says its illegal in nv .yet it can be bought at every liquor store in my area :man_shrugging: . Gonna be interesting how this plays out.

Water IS a Lewis base
The high citric acid conversion by @JedClampet I think it was put me on this path of figuring out if there is a balance possible in the flask of Lewis acids and base
That will take out rxn energy for the D8 formation

5 Likes

From what I’ve seen in Nv it absolutely cannot test over .3% at any given time even the while in progress material. If you test with a state lab & pop hit they report you.

D8 is listed as thc in the NRS. And the hemp director also referred me to the DEAs listing of delta 8.this is after a hemp lawyer in vegas told me that d8 is made Synthetically and DEA will find a way to prove that eventually. If u have a lawyer willing to back u on d8 i would love his/her number.

bhogi: a very nice job…thinking business not BS! simplicity.
Also like very much the short run tlc…few people understand how
incredibly useful tlc can be …and cheap, fast-multiple, answers.
I assume that is a silica with modified alkane solvent?
can you free up your details. what is that big reaction peak
with Rf=0?

If you are going for the synthetic d9…it is illegal every where…
so who cares about d8 levels/ratio?

quo vadis?

1 Like

reach out to @Kingofthekush420! He says he has 3 lawyers ready to take this on, and maybe you can put one on retainer if this is the route your taking.

im sure there are a lot more out there willing to take this on… They really dont have anything to lose. If they lose in court…nothing happens to the lawyer… good luck!

6 Likes

That’s it. It is no standard to compare results, but its a great tool for developing. Quick and cheap in house analytic.

I use regular f254 silica plates with hexane diethylether.
I am not sure about the rf=0. I think it is phosphoric acid. After water washing and distillation it is no longer apparent. The sample on this plate is straight out of the reaction vessel.

2 Likes

What ratio do you run?

1 Like

Hexane 10:1 DEE

2 Likes

Have you tried heptane:dee? Any reason not to try it? I’m trying to keep my nasty solvents to a minimum

Is any reasoning behind such mix ? :thinking:
Is hex:dee superior to hexane alone ?
Is this to dissolve more ptsa ?

Because hexane alone is already much better than dietylether alone for d8… but ptsa turns out to be very soluble into dee.

Edit: I later understood this is dealing with TLC analysis, not synthesis

5 Likes

you were scaring me a bit!

but when you write you are doing cold extracts,
do you mean bio-mass with cold ethanol…??

sorry I don’t quite have the entries down…
that was a comment to Jebril comment.

Whom is this question towards & what part?

Is anyone going to mention this is the same SOP already followed on here except for a shorter reflux time?
Truly though, decent modification of an already parented procedure(thats what they all are, not hating.), but personally this is what a lot of us already knew could be done. Its having no d9 in there thats tricky. Done reactionary, not via prep/flash.

1 Like

Again, same thing every chemist worth anything already knew how to do. Where is non detect d9 delta 8? That should be what people are going for, like, who hasnt been doing these SOP’s for months now? All i thought we were working on was non detect d9 and i see people are still just wondering about this part…

5 Likes

Getting to nd or loq is a matter within your parameters. If anyone would like to know how I personally distill these runs off to get as low as possible without further progression into chroma then ask away.

(Thank you @cyclopath :man_facepalming:t3:)

2 Likes

I personally would be interested in hearing your process

1 Like

The reaction itself is above, I’ll get to posting the prep & distilling all the way through later today or tomorrow. As it will include prep for both reactor & spd in it for reaction & of course final spd SINGLE PASS RUN CLEAR.

3 Likes