Testing material after washing

I did a quick search on here with a few terms but I couldn’t track down a satisfactory answer. Anyone have any test results from flower after fresh frozen water hash extraction? I’m gonna send some in to our lab this next week if not.

Testing after washing is absolutely appropriate.

Using someone else’s data to compare to yours to see how well you did is also on point.

…but; you want to know how YOU did, so it YOUR results that are most relevant, not some other guys.

You can also get at the problem by knowing input potency and output potency.

Calculate total cannabinoids in vs out. Compare to total cannabinoids in “waste”.

Should balance. (See: How many lbs of biomass is it taking you guys to produce 1 kg CBD distillate? - #28 by cyclopath)

4 Likes

oh, not super worried about how we’re doing, our guys are washing more for color and quality than yield. have a company that wants to drop a big dryer in our building and I’m trying to figure out how to keep it busy, wondering if drying our biomass post wash could keep it occupied for a few hours a month. Would run that dried material through another extraction process and send it to dist

But you ARE concerned with yield if you want to know how much is left…

I get that you want that number so you can decide if it’s worth extracting again, but the number you’re after (post extraction potency) is directly related to extraction efficiency…and chances are yours is different from the next guy (because your process is for quality not quantity, their may not be).

NOT testing input OR output, and ONLY testing post-wash will give you the number you’re after, and save the cost of two tests, but I couldn’t stand knowing how much was left behind without knowing how much was there to start.

Different strokes…

Maybe dry up the left overs do a total etoh ex. And find out via mass balance. What ur leaving behind.

Then get lab testing to get an exact answer.

1 Like