Test pesticide cat3 in Los Angeles or diy

Is cat3 test only lab ?
Is any way diy since so expensive ?

Pesticide testing requires very expensive equipment and usually a chemist to decipher whats going on. The testing system can test very small amounts, amounts that can’t easily be visualized or quantified on standard wet lab techniques like TLC. You’d be looking at new/used HPLC-MS/ GC-MS systems.

2 Likes

You can DIY with a Chinese GFAA (graphite furnace atomic absorption) for about 12k new. Alternatively, you can also DIY with an ICP with mass spec however a used working machine (Perkins or Agilent) will set your budget back about a hundred k. Keep in mind you’ll also need some form of digestion apparatus either microwave or heated block. Oh yeah Then you need to build a method for developing ICV, CCV. You also need to keep lab logs with batch ID but that’s just formalities bruh. Oh yeah you’ll probably want to fume hood because the acid vapors during digestion will eat enamel off your teeth. Hit me up I know a vendor for the GFAA and have a validated method for the equipment. I also know how to push your CCV and ICVs when the batch falls above the LOQ. That’s what most of the labs are doing anyway when their machines can’t build an appropriate curve. How are your pipetting skills?

1 Like

I love your solution. Can we have a meeting ?

Best of luck trying to test for pesticides with GFAA or ICP-MS. Those are for elemental anaylsis, NOT organic compounds. There is no DIY solution for pesticide screening that will come anywhere near the BCC required limits for targets. Cannalysis in O.C. or EVIO in Berkeley would be your best bet.

2 Likes

The post was requesting cat three testing. pesticides, pathogen, foreign material are all category two. Cat 3 is the metals analyst, myco-toxins, water activity (matrix dependent) portion. Am I missing something?

1 Like