Terpenes for orchid essentials

I’m with @Thetetraguy mixing botanical with real terps is economical and gives layers of flavor you wouldn’t imagine.

I can do 15% CDT/HDT without being harsh. 15% botanical terps seems like it would be liquidy like a nicotine vape consistency and harsh. Did they use the cart type used for thin liquids?

5 Likes

:thinking: So ppl don’t like the taste of real cannabis? They rather it taste like some synthetic flavor mixed w cannabis? “It isn’t what sells the most”
Because ppl put a much higher price tag on em.

Lol That alcohol thing isnt an accurate analogy for CDT vs non …imho that is. :grin:

If the ratios are mixed right CDT makes oil taste amazing…like cannabis. But ppl cut it b/c the cost of cannabis terps is way way more expensive than those other synthetic ones.

Sounds like you sell terps mixed with synthetic flavors. Lol

Lol “layers of flavor you wouldn’t imagine”. :thinking:Why would you ruin real cannabis terps with synthetic ones?

“Because it’s economical” just be honest. Lol

Reason is b/c the cost. It’s not unfair to say. 100% CDT cost way more than bogus botanical ones.

So funny to me. Everyone is a dang salesmen on here.

Because real ones dont taste like what most consumers want :man_shrugging:
They find it strange when their strawberry cough doesnt taste like strawberries.
Aren’t snozberries supposed to taste like snozberries?

3 Likes

That cart looks like a nicotine style mod. I saw a different brand with a fat sub ohm coil that needed a mod and it had a bunch of terps to where it was ejuice consistency and it gave hands down the fastest rips I’ve had off a cart.

2 Likes

I agree!! I spent a few years working in purchasing for a dispensary. Our best-selling products were rainbow and blue raspberry-flavored. You obviously know what brand those are, but the same brand also produces live resins, and we would run out of the regular product and then people would choose either another brand or go with flower.

You are entirely correct. When customers see strawberry banana, they anticipate the flavor to be strawberry banana. Not strawberry, piney, earthy, diesel, or skunky.

2 Likes

I’m with you on this one. From working with consumers first hand, I’m noticing a trend of “Which one taste the best?” and they mean flavor wise. Not all people are able to handle normal taste, and they tent to be the majority of your consumers.

3 Likes

I do not smoke and last time I purposely tried some was I think around 8 years ago when I was making shatter, I took two puffs and felt like I got hit by a bazooka, couldn’t move, and I felt really stupid (yes yes dumber than i normally am) and so I really don’t like the feeling. I am dumb enough to were something has to be logical for me to understand it… I’m telling you all of this to convey that this is not an opinion I’ve developed because of personal experience smoking and tasting it but because of what I hear countless of people tell me.
The synthetic terps you are talking about are not really synthetic as they are most likely plant-derived. Most people including you, yes you the ones that think that they are the connoisseurs who really do like the “natural flavor”, like all of the assorted different strains that taste like this or that, otherwise breeders would stop trying to come up with stuff like girl scout cookies, wedding cake, pineapple Express, etc etc. I do understand there can be some medicinal value to some of the minor terps that are missing from human mixed recipes, which is why I am strictly referring to the recreational side. So having said that you can dial in a very good flavor by manually mixing in your exact recipes and in my opinion that’s what the average Joe wants… And in a blind test I’m pretty sure 8 out of 10 of the people who consider themselves connoisseurs would still pick a hand mixed blend over a pure CDT.
If I’m missing something? please let me know.

1 Like

I can only speculate without seeing the product firsthand but I’ll be back in California next month and I’ll make sure to try one out when I do my rounds. I’d need to see a COA to have a decent idea of why they’re smoother. Judging by the lower cannabinoid content it’s some type of BHO rather than just distillate + botanical terpenes. BHO definitely bends the rules a bit on terpene content in regards to harshness.

I could come up with any number of guesses on why this cart is good but without seeing the label specs, oil color, and COA I’m just going to give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to good ol’ fashioned, delicately refined BHO. Maybe a splash of botanicals to keep customers guessing.

2 Likes

That is really cool. I guess the answer was always right in front of me. I had no idea that BHO breaks the rules. They do that very thing.

So it sounds like you’ll never be able to make 15% on conversions or non-bho?

Thank you for the insight. Now I need to figure out how to get some BHO distillate.

I’ll be placing an order with you later this weekend.

1 Like

That flavor dominated Illinois and Michigan for years.

It do be like that. It’s a lot like wine- Most consumers simply say "give me something around $XX price that just tastes good. I wish everyone could appreciate fine cannabis-derived terps, but a majority don’t tend to care.

4 Likes

Sadly consumers vote with their wallet and us we just gotta give what they want. We can’t have things our way. We give them BDT and we keep the CDT to ourself.

Almost daily I get asked for even more vape like flavors.