Terpenes & E-Liquid Flavoring

Hello dear community :wave: Happy Saturday :sunny:

why are so many e-liquid flavors ( for e cigs and vapes) but I don’t see as many options when it comes to terpenes for concentrate

Does anyone know what E-Liquid Flavoring is made up of ?

Is e liquid just terpenes or do it have other components?

There is a much broader market for eliquids that has been around for much longer

It’s typically polar flavors for mixing into vg and pg

3 Likes

I’ve searched for polar flavors but I’m not getting anything besides soda flavors lol, What are polar flavors ?

Would you be able to Replace that “polar flavor” with terpenes from someone like massterps or the terpene store

1 Like

No, you would have to look up the msds and guess ratios

Water soluble food grade flavor concentrates.

1 Like

There’s all sorts of compounds in artificial flavorings.

Check this company’s site for an idea. They list components in the specsheets for their products here:

For instance here’s their Strawberry flavoring

2 Likes

Flavorings formulated for food and beverage and even e-liquids are going to get you flagged for multiple solvents and bring in a long list of chemicals that most “flavored terpenes” are specifically formulated to exclude. If it wasn’t explicitly formulated for cannabis testing compliance, there is no reason a flavor formulation would ever willingly exclude these ingredients.

This is why flavorings formulated by reputable terpene companies can be very good but not quite perfect. It’s not that we don’t know how to formulate the flavor concentrates. Common flavorings are honestly as easy (and cheap) as it gets to formulate because the ingredients are so much more abundantly produced. It’s just not going to produce a safe or compliant end product.

9 Likes

Hello, I am looking for a lab that can import CBD distillates or minor / rare cannabinoids to international users. Is there any company that can be trusted?

If you’re trying to make the best vape, need to use Cannabis-Derived Terpenes, ideally, Live Resin Terpenes or a HTE ( High-Terpene-Extract ) – Shoot me a DM, will get you samples.

@Bret_HoneyGold

1 Like

For CDT HTE and HDT?

Did you read the request?

1 Like

I’ve read it. thank you for the info, I’m especially interested in THCB, THCH and H4CBD. Is there any other company?

1 Like

yep. YOU read it…but

was not aimed at you…merely quoting you, because that was what @qma was suggested needed reading by @Glendalesmoke.

my guess is @Glendalesmoke was trying to ask “any recommendations for a company that can be trusted to supply CDT HTE and HDT”. guessing from their post history that they’re a new to the game traditional market player.

so what you’re saying is you’ve got zero chemistry?

maybe start here:

1 Like

Its mostly water soluble flavors dissolving in vg/pg

Not necessarily different chemicals. Most of the aldehydes, esters, ketones etc used in ejuice flavorings are exactly the same across both industries. They just are soluble enough at say 1% (typically used in much lower quantities) in propylene glycol/glycerine. The inverse is true for the few water soluble ingredients used in low amounts in MCT-based or terpene-based flavors. It’s pretty common for ethanol to be used in store bought flavorings/nic-free eliquid bases to help give some leniency with solubility/shelf life.

The only ones that contain vastly different ingredients are the eliqiids with darker colors like Cola, Root Beer, energy drink flavors, etc. That’s also why you don’t really see these flavors sold in terpene mixtures or for oil-soluble flavors like in the cannabis industry. Some still try to offer them but they will turn dark brown or red and separate pretty bad.

The main reason ejuice tastes so different is the PG/VG enhances the sweetness and works overall better to deliver the flavor. Ejuice companies also go absolutely overboard on ingredients like ethyl maltol and diacetyl derivatives so they tend to be sickeningly sweet. Oils just don’t dissipate on our taste buds to come across the same way despite containing many, if not most of the exact same ingredients.

4 Likes