Terpenes bubbling after being stirred up in jar?

Alright so I have a question about Terpenes from live resin being stored for an extended period of time. I did a few runs -40 solvent 70/30 solvent mix butane/ propane. Crashed out the THCA into some nice little diamonds via mason jars. Poured the terpenes into a pyrex dish for more surface area. Purged for 4 days -20inhg at 70F in oven. Then Terps were put into mason jar for storage. More micro granular THCA crashed out. Now when I go to open the jars and stir them to make some pens I get lots of bubbling that starts and the jar starts to foam up and almost out of the jar… I have no idea what is causing this. Storage area is 75F tops.

Leftover gas?

1 Like

Still has solvent. I have left sauce for months then heated and watched as it released solvent.

5 Likes

Waiting on labs and will know. I have never had this happen before and have purged like this many times.

A lot of terpenes are very volatile… This may not be due to residual solvents at all.

2 Likes

Lots of vocs in hte. I was going to say the same thing. Some of those more volatile terps may have formed azeotropes before which were broken from the chemical changes and allowed them to finally boil at their original boiling point. Jus an idea. How’d it smell? Maybe a bit funky? Sounds like those elusive funk terps haha