Temp and CRC affecting Yield

I was gonna order some opaline silica but after hearing ppl were having issues with it I decided to cancel. I believe @J12 never got it to work and @Dred_pirate also had some issues with it. Has anyone else got to play with it? This powder is something I worked with @Chemtek to make. I realized that flow issues and t41 not being available are causing ppl production issues. I had the opportunity to try many manufacturers and got some of them to work with me in creating this bentonite to allow us to flow as if the powders are not even there. I know @Efficio has got to play with it and @CuriousChemist22 as well.

6 Likes

I didnā€™t have any problems with it I just didnā€™t think it worked as well as b80 does

6 Likes

Available for rest of us to try?

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying @J12

3 Likes

Would love to try it out, brutha!!

1 Like

Just like the other guys said, got any we can play with???

You donā€™t necessarily need to bake it, as long as itā€™s kept in a very dry room with a dehumidifier youā€™d be fine. In the PNW, humidity is a bitch.

Drying it out tells me the powder is exactly the same every time. So I can turn the exact color I want. Without that, the only option seems to go hard, throw extra powder at it and make sure it comes out white.

I like crc for the instant crystallization. The least amount I can get away with to keep the terp profile as close to the original biomass, the better.

4 Likes

mr. wax, plz lemme try

1 Like

We would love to send you guys some samples. Send us a dm!

8 Likes

Like @Waxplug1 mentioned Iā€™ve had chance to play with the new media and will be running a tighter comparison soon just to be sure of what Iā€™m seeing before I post about it completely, but itā€™s looking like a win from here.

2 Likes

Jumping back to the yeild. Pulled back on silica. Yeild came back. Color still great.
Went with 400 T5 (havenā€™t bought b80 yet) and 175 silica.
Still frustrated with the yeild.
Outdoor trim.
Mediocre at best.
Still feel I should be pulling 8% seems to be steady at 6.5%-7%.

Running at -5 degrees Celsius. (Little Julabo has trouble getting to -20.)

Gonna pull back a little more today on both powders to see if I can get another percent or so out of it

3 Likes

The dehumidifier is literally surrounded by all the absorbants. We keep them as dry as we can. Room humidity is at 16% hoping thatā€™s low enough

1 Like

Color still great. Yield better but I think I could pull back a teeny bit on both

2 Likes

Sounds perfect!

1 Like

You will rip with bigger lines

1 Like

@Waxplug1
How was the stability of the product first, second, third, fourth run?
Was the final product as shattery the last round as the first run? Or much more sticky?

They were all the same pull and snap consistency. No difference in between them. The material was expected to be pull and snap but for sure no difference of it in all 4 runs I did the tests on

4 Likes

Will W-1 produce glass like shatter? Rather than pull and snap? Or should I be mixing something into it to be able to get that?

T41 helps with the glassy shatter

I know this is old but yeah the instant crystals are the shit!!

1 Like