Temp and CRC affecting Yield

I know this is old but yeah the instant crystals are the shit!!

1 Like

@Waxplug1

W1 does help with faster crystallization and better stability. For the best shatter I always suggest to run cold solvent or dewax to minimize the lipids as that can cause sugaring and gives the oil a cloudy look

3 Likes

Thank you!! Just got my 3rd 10k order in, I get excited when I see the box. There baking now…
How much depth or weight would you suggest for 10# of oil, - For bright yellow?
And should I mix anything (since it’s a lot of oil to help aid the w-1? To make it last longer?
I have silica, t5, t41, b-80, mag on hand
Material - newer OG 200#
Chiller goes in and out when injecting. -10 —-20
when doing batch runs- how much solvent to oil do you suggest and what temp should I work my honey pot up too before sending it to the crc for w-1?

*** looking to get super stable glass shatter.

I jumped my passive recovery lines up to 1/2 inch
Game changer!
even though it’s on 1/4 mnpt with 2 of the valves and 3/8 valves after sieve

But the 1/2 inch hoses is lights out, I’m recovering 2lb runs in under 15 minutes now ,

I’m sure I can dial it up more

2 Likes

@Waxplug1thank you in advance! Any advise would be great.

Atm we run warm for everything.
Using T41 seems to help with stability. Maybe because it deodorizes the product.

Also noticing AA seems to seriously speed up crystallization. At least from what I see.

From my experience cleaning up oil, it’s hard to do large batches without losing yield. There needs to be a 10 to 1 oil to solvent ratio. Even 12 to 1 would be better. To allow the oil to fully dissolve and move through the powders. I guess it depends more on the size of your system. Also I usually leave it stalled for an hour in room temp solvent to allow for it to dissolve, then proceed to chill the jacket for about 15min. Once the solution is chilled I begin to push through the crc. I would recommend 125g to 150g per 30g of oil to be cleaned for a nice yellow. I’m sure adding t41 would help with color

Chilling the solution will help by reducing the solubility of your solvent thus allowing it to deposit the impurities in the powders better as it moves through

5 Likes

Did you custom build your CRC filter? how much did that cost vs just buying one pre made from alibaba ss304?

It’s $800 from @usalab for a 3x6 with a 5um sintered.
I would go with this. I run a 4x12 with a 5um and have 0 problems with my 5lb system

1 Like

Definitely a good choice for rack mounted rig. You could still use it inline just without the top and bottom caps. If that’s the case I’d use killa for inline

Yeah, I bought sintered filtration sheets from a direct source, bought the spool, filter plate and ring from glaciertanks and sent it off to a welder the HR guy knew. Cost about $150 total (or less) to put one spool together. I probably could’ve gone cheaper on the stainless parts as glacier isn’t THE cheapest.

I don’t remember the exact source I got the sheets from, if I find it I’ll update this comment.

I had a similar issue. We run cold on an ETS MEP. My yields were dropping over a period of 2 months. from 15% ave. to 9/10% ave. A lot of time troubleshooting revealed two issues. 1. Water making it in to the recovery pump from the compressor. and the BIG issue 2. A THCa crystal formation/clog in the line and valve at the top of the expansion vessel. We take the machine apart for weekly decommission and maintenance but had overlooked this line and valve as we don’t clean out the expansion vessel as often. Once the THCa was removed the machine functioned very well. Our yields now average between 19/25% dry cured with CRC and 5.5% live no CRC. Hope this helps.

to avoid sugaring its good to keep in mind biomass moisture and terpene content. moisture should be 8% or less and terpene content around 1% you’ll want less than 1% thc content as well

2 Likes

I certainly don’t, neither does @Waxplug1. that would be great on the spent biomass however.

DOH!! less than 1% Decarb… yeah, sound advice.

I’ll crawl back in my hole now…

1 Like

for glass, ya that makes sense! you can have more and still get shatter, at a more pull and snap texture mind you. Is it bad to give advice when I see people asking for it? im sensing some dickness from you oh great overlord, maybe you can come down off your high horse to talk to the plebs with some respect? Pretty sure I wasn’t being a dick.

read it again.

I said I WAS WRONG.

only the hemp folks want “less than 1% THC”…

…oh fuck, he meant “only 1% decarbed”.

Yeah, solid advice.

Curt and Dick are related…but are not the same guy.

i apologize, it’s too easy to read things in a weird tone, my bad my man. have a good one!

2 Likes

no worries. there are all sorts of cues missing in written language, and multiple ways to interpret most of it (attempt precision not derision).

as far as “high horse”, yeah, maybe I should go do my homework: Organoleptics: In House QC?

I certainly poke and prod, and otherwise attempt to make folks think.

if trying to lead folks to the answer rather than hand it to them is being a dick, then that’s a badge I’m willing to wear.

don’t know many dick heads that would bother with “shit, I was wrong! yeah that’s solid advice…”

2 Likes

nothing wrong with a poke and prod to make people think lol you’re probably right that’s the best way to learn is by doing and not spoon-feeding people the answers.

1 Like