Technical Assistance for Dow Syltherm Heat Transfer Fluids and Dowfrost Inhibited Glycol

Hi, All!!

ChemPoint has many chemistries used in the Cannabis/Hemp Industry~

We stock Dow Syltherm XLT in California and Chicago for your condensers and chillers.

We will provide you technical data and have a tech onsite for your questions: Nitro Jackets? Volume Variations? Which grade do I need for the best protection and temperature requirements?
Anything Heat Transfer Fluid related - we know the answer :slight_smile:

Give me a call or email if you need pricing or have questions. Thanks for the opportunity to partner with you~
Rhonda Valentine (425) 372-9043
rhonda.valentine@chempoint.com

2 Likes

We purchased Dowtherm(Heat transfer fluid) for an open system and was told it wouldn’t smoke at all above 100C, it did.

We can assist you making it work a bit better, but it truly works best in a closed system with a nitrogen blanket. We helped a customer last week who also was using the Syltherm XLT (perhaps it was you?) You can still use the Syltherm, it will just burn off more quickly than if it was in a closed loop system.

Not us

No offense to your company but for open systems nothing beats Dynalene 600. For closed glass, Duratherm S works the best and stays crystal clear seemingly forever. Closed metal systems, modified Mineral Oil by Multitherm works great, cheaply.

Products comparable to these would do very well here if you offer them

1 Like

Superlube 100 cst working like a champ. I tried duratherm g. it turned black in 2 runs. xtractor depot total false advertised on their site. Lesson learned

Gotta use the S, never used the G but the S has stayed crystal clear for almost a year now

hell yeah… same with the super lube. staying bright and clear.

1 Like

Duratherm G

Duratherm S

1 Like

oh yeah … lesson learned. the one benefit I got was to do proper research and not believe everything you read.

i can also vouch for duratherm being superior quality to other fluids.

2 Likes

Welp,

Syltherm is absolutely the industry standard for closed systems - and will give you the wide temperature range needed for high quality product.

Superlube 100 cst - pfpe lubricant, poor thermal conductivity relative to heat transfer fluids

Duratherm G - polyalkalene glycol, smaller temperature operating range, lesser thermal conductivity relative to our heat transfer fluid

Duratherm S - silicone, smaller temperature operating range

Modified Mineral Oil - mineral oil, smaller temperature operating range

You know the temp the S goes up to?

Might try this stuff for my hot condenser

200c as long as you’re not getting dust/dirt into it
(up to 300c if you dont mind some color degradation.)

1 Like

Oooo I’m definetly trying some then. Ty sir

It’s the best product for glass wiped films. For rotovaps and open systems, nothing beats Dynalene 600. No smoke at 200C though nobody ever needs to go that high for cannabis

If you don’t need to see through it like on a wiped film jacket, I’d choose Dynalene 600

1 Like

Hey, all,

Syltherm XLT
Temperature range is -150 F to 500 F. For closed systems - there is truly nothing that provides this level of flexibility and protection.

I have a tech on site willing to talk with you about any questions you have.

Rhonda.valentine@chempoint.com
(425) 372-9043