Teach a man to (detect a) Phish

Who knows these people? If you hit the link it takes you to Instagram.CORN and asks for your password.

They didn’t try to hack you. They themselves were hacked. Same thing happened to my partners page. Just delete message

6 Likes

Disgruntled employee? I see their ip for their website is having a problem too.

lol no are you new to the internet? This is the oldest trick in the book. It’s called phishing. It’s usually done by people from other countries in like Southeast Asia or somewhere random. This company definitely did not target you.

Someone sent them the same link they sent you. They clicked it and it asks them to login to Instagram but really the website is something like 1nstagram. Com and just looks identical to the Instagram login screen. Then they login and now the real hackers have have their passwords. Then they send the same link to everyone in their friends list autonomously, like you and the cycle repeats. If you clicked that link you should change your passwords immediately. Also out of respect for a company that did nothing, I’d remove their name from this thread title so it doesn’t start showing up on Google when their customers look them up. This has been going on since the MySpace era lol

FUTURE4200 Einsatzgruppen hasn’t kicked in the door to this thread and moved it? interesting

…and soon it will be safe to go on the internet again.

2 Likes