TC in Austria & EU

Hi guys,
we are starting our TC & biotech (testing, fingerprinting, conservation & sequencing) lab in Austria.
I’m currently in the stage of finalising the testing procedures and wanted to ask, which services you guys would need the most in order for us to focuss on these first

Thanks

2 Likes

Might want to give a beter description of what you can offer
Tc = total cannabinoids ?
Biotech as in ? Genetical modifications ?
Guess I yust don t understand the options sorry

Tissue culture I think

5 Likes

Hey I’ve been looking for this kind of service a while back. Couldn’t find it at that time.

What would be nice is Hplv, fusarium and other deceases. It would be nice to be able to send sample from other Eu country even if it’s not b2b.

My beloved mums from that time have been killed but I would have love to be able to get merystemes cultures done for me.

Looking forward to hear from you.

2 Likes

Have you succesfully cleaned HLVD infected clones via TC @Bavarian_Buds ? If yes, do you guarantee a succesfull process every time and what would be the price point per genetic?

2 Likes

Jep, its tissue culture, sorry, so immersed in the lingo that I forget it sometimes haha.
We are just a student startup and thus pretty versitle in our offerings for biotech as we arent that established yet.
Biotech in the sense of sequencing/genetic fingerprinting (SNP profiling) & marker determination (though this would require a large scale project and cost a lot (>10k))
Genetic modificaitons will come in the future aswell as some RNA interference applications we are working on. Sadly agrobacterium & the new genomic tools like endonucleases (CRISPR cas9/ZFN/TALENS) are not allowed in the EU yet

2 Likes

Yeah, we offer qPCR based tests for plant pathogens and environmental tests (swab based) for:
Viral pathogens

• hop latent viroid
  • Lettuce chlorosis virus
  • Cannabis cryptic viruses
  • Tobacco mosaic virus
  • Beet curly top virus (though this wasnt spotted in EU yet or at least nothing was published. But with US/Canadian cuts, this will likely be introduced soon)

Fungi:

• Fusarium strains (solani / oxysporum)
  • Phytium (only >50 samples until we get our own assay production up and running)
  • Botrytis cinerea
  • Blumeria graminis

Bacteria (>50 samples, same reason as for phytium):

• E.coli
  • Salmonella
  • Yeast/generic mold counts
  • Asparagillus niger

All tests are available as plant matter extraction or swab surface testing methods
Plant pathogens are based on a boil prep assay and the environmentals/human toxic pathogens are based on a bead extraction system

We are right at the start and currently in the friends/family tester phase, but in 4-5 weeks the commercial kits should be available for B2C and B2B, completly anonymus.
For 100% anonymity you can buy them in a shop and just send them back with the provided label, so that no name has to be written on the package.

This post is for market research mainly, so that we order the right assays in the right quantity as they are expensive af and we are poor students, so we have to be smart with the working capital allocation for now. If you are specifically interested in the HLV testing and it is very urgent, we can provide tests in 2 weeks.

Thanks everybody for your inputs

1 Like

We have cleaned the first specimens and are currently testing them every two weeks for outbreaks (they are in quarantine). It depends on a per case basis, but HLV isnt that hard to clean, if the plant isnt nearly dead as it is a vascularly distributed viroid, so the meristems should be clean in most cases. There is a prep procedure that we do with mother plants before establishing them in vitro to get them to “outgrow” the highest viral load before excision.
We will test the resulting plantlets after meristem culture for HLV again, and aim for about 30-40% biomass coverage.
Depending on the cut, the price will range from 500-1000€. A gelato e.g. establishes very nicely and is done in approximatly half a year whereas a true Z cultivar, is very bitchy in most cases and will take over a year

1 Like

If there are tc labs from over seas reading this post, we are more than happy to collaborate/share research data as Im currenty writing my masters thesis on the virome of europe and have more than enough seq data to share

2 Likes

Bump!
Is your lab open?

1 Like

Hi, yeah we are open for pathogen testing, but our TC services are still on a dial in phase as we are currently moving into a bigger lab

1 Like

Nice
Care to share a link?