Tankless water heater for jackets

Ok so I’m finally getting the ok for my legal facility. The last thing (currently) I need to figure out is what I’m going to chill/heat my jackets with. I was thinking of getting a tankless water heater outside the c1d1 and plumbed through the wall. But I also need to chill the jackets so I was thinking of using dynolene or some sort of glycol so I’m running the same fluid through the jackets for hot/cold. And probably just using dry ice to chill the cold side. How does this sound?

No one? What are people using for water heaters in legal facilities? I doubt people are running a bunch of sous vides.

I’m super happy with this small Julabo heater but it is a bit pricey. In CA everything has to be third party certified so I had to use the Julabo as it is the only heater listed as approved on the technical report from my CLS manufacturer. I think your tankless heater is a good idea. I have a guy who refurbishes lab equipment for a living. He always has chillers sitting around that have compressor issues so they can’t get cold, by they have no problem getting hot. That may be a budget friendly option …

I’m in Cali too so looks like I’ll probably have to go with the julabo as well. Thanks

How big of a collection are you heating with that? I’m worried it won’t be enough to heat mine. I’m getting the 16” horizontal system from Bhogart (ya I know…Bhogart…didn’t really have a choice)

I think it’s 8x48” including the bowl. The jacket is pretty wide, the system holds over 5gal dynalene. Downside to the Julabo besides price is the fact that their Julabo fluid is super expensive and they say the warranty is void if you don’t use their brand of fluid. Ive been using dynalene in both my julabos with no issues. Make sure you account for the cost of the fluid as they don’t include any

1 Like

Thanks man