Talk me into buying a homogenizer

Or the oven

1 Like

Water bath (sous vide) seems like a good option

1 Like

Live resin carts need a lot of work to get right.

The best way to do them is by

separating the thca and hte.

melt the thca in a microwave (30 seconds per ounce in a 1000w)

Dumping the hte back into the melted thca

Homogenizing with a cat 1000 for 45 seconds or less (get from 1 to the highest speed and back down)

Dumping into the filler and carting quick.

1 Like

Can the g20 shaft really be used for 100ml or would I need a different shaft?

Also, how about small batches of candy? My “double batch” of hard candy is probably only 500ml, chocolates are probably 1000-2000ml

It will work for 100 ml in a high form beaker or test tube.

500ml of candy will work if the sugar is sufficiently heated

It sounds like you definitely want one, but maybe not a production unit- your needs could be served easily and economically with a cheaper model (cat is TAXED up too)

3 Likes

If you decarb THCa when you’ve melted down the diamonds to avoid nucleation, does it still apply as live resin cart?..

o_0

1 Like
1 Like

Not all of the thca has time to decarb. Its better to heat a larger amount of distillate up and sprinkle in thca and hte while the distillate is being mixed

I was thinking about smash them before decarb…

Then it need to be rebranded as half dead sauce carts…

)

1 Like

People use this unit with good success I thought?

If it works decent… super affordable.

1 Like

FWIW, I don’t use anything other than hand whisking or mixing for my gummies and chocolates at home. I just submitted for testing and I’m sitting at about a 1%RSD on the final product when tested for homogeneity.

I do use some emulsifying agents in my gummy mixture but in my chocolates I don’t because I’ve found that the distillate seems to incorporate into these mixtures pretty easily - but I do infuse the filled center and not the chocolate itself,

1 Like