Talk about bullshit

Appreciate it, I’ve always wondered it since plenty of asian friends always wanted waygu at their eateries but regarded it as such a headache they’d always just say forget it and find something nice domestic - but this was also mainly in MA where there’s not a hell of a lot of grazing room

I’ve got a guy about 50 miles from me that wants me to bring his “100% wagyu bull, with papers” to my fields next spring to impregnate my Dexter heard… I’m on the fence

2 Likes

You should have seen it around ship-off time, in one day we’d get 20+ cattle trailers stuffed and the 2000 acres of grazing room they’d have out there would STILL be loaded up with the happiest cows you’ve ever seen. You got to hand it to a farmer who treats their animals so good my vegetarian girlfriend and daughter even was happy to live around them.

And shit, I don’t know about an entire herd, but that does seem like an interesting proposition. Granted i’ve never been involved directly in ranching but do know one wrong genetic step can devalue yourself horribly

1 Like

I’m pretty open to new genetics as long as the are friendly, polled, and hardy.

Dude wants me to pay him to host his bull for like 4 months, and since I don’t sell beef or head, it doesn’t really make sense. Plus, I don’t really want to eat wagyu all the time

6 Likes

Well shit I am all for supporting home farming, if you find that one season you have more beef processed than y’all think you can go through let me know and I’m happy to lighten your freezer after paying whatever you want and shipping costs :slight_smile:

4 Likes

OSU is one of them: Global Hemp Innovation Center | College of Agricultural Sciences

I was interviewed for this article published earlier this month about the waste products from the hemp & extraction industries. What Can be Done with Millions of Tons of Hemp Waste? - Hemp Benchmarks
Growing up on a small family hobby farm, and with multiple relatives that are still farming goats and cattle and raise horses, I think it would be great if the waste biomass could be legally fed to animals intended for widespread consumption. Would certainly help offset the painfully low prices we’re currently seeing for tolling and hemp crude. Right now other than AQHA, I don’t think anyone has any legal or moral problems with feeding waste biomass to horses or other animals whose milk and meat aren’t intended for retail sale

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll trade you some cuts for one of those presmoked turkeys :eyes:

6 Likes

I think that was @DapperDabMan

2 Likes

God damnit! Ill fill that void, how many turkey you want? Lol!!

2 Likes

If the steaks are good maybe a gooey jar too :grin:

1 Like

With how well put meat birds went this season, We plan on doing a bunch of Turkies next year…

Not pre smoked but will be homegrown…

3 Likes

Buy a Dewar can and some semen along with breeding supplies. I promise it’s not that hard. Be picky about your genetics and use the local bulls for cleanup

Looks like I need to get some more birds out to Washington.

4 Likes

I need to look into how to ship meats. I would love to do some trades for meat birds lol

2 Likes

Turkey for beef is a solid trade!!

2 Likes

There are a few Wagyu farms in Colorado where you can buy 1/2 and whole cows. We ve bought our cow, pigs and turkeys from local farms and the wallet n taste buds haven’t regretted it.

From my shallow readings over the year the wording “full blooded” could be misleading where it’s initially crossed with “x” breed and just bred back enough to call them full blooded.

Blah blah blah

4 Likes

Holy shit that quarter cow is a pretty reasonable price for high end waygu

1 Like

I was surprised too when I first started looking into it. Definitely something you can get friends to thrown in on.

1 Like

Not sure how I got Kenny Powers and Oh Brother Where Art Thou confused…

3 Likes