T5 makes dabs taste worse!

Cortlands gas is contaminated. Purchased in Eugene from Elite Solvent company. It is irresponsible to be selling butane of industrial 96% percent. There are sulfur compounds that explain the smell we have all been experiencing. Shame on them and Cortland for contributing contaminants to our products. My advise is know your gas distributor and thier supply chain. If you can’t ascertain a clean supply or valid credentialing process have it tested. Ill stick with Oxarc/Apis for my gas because they stand behind it and besides their gas tested as advertised. I Still distill the gas no matter if its 99.99 percent or not.

2 Likes

This is the Oxarc sample data: came back 99.999%

3 Likes

Can you dm me the paper for cortland for when i go in there.

Yes i will

1 Like

Hey YourMomGoesToCollege,

I just wanted to chime in, if you feel like you’ve gotten bad gas from us, would you be able to message me directly? Concentrated_humbold and dxmimg have both expressed that they’re unhappy with cortland gas in a previous post, but this is the first we’re hearing of our butane being off. We have gas chromograph equipment that we use to test every batch of our hydrocarbons. Here’s a copy of our COA that we offer to any customer that asks. We’re having a sample of our butane being tested at a third party facility to verify the COA’s results.

N-Butane CEL COA 04162020 (1).pdf (155.4 KB)

@thc_gas I’ve been leaning toward the ancient starting material having been so decarbed that the fats and lipids had no choice but to turn linolene into linoleum flavor-wise. Cortland and THC are cool by me :100:

1 Like

Lab results proved that Cortlands Gas is contaminated. I didnt buy the gas thru THC gas. Dont even know who you are or why your chiming in. Whats your physical address of thc_gas analytical lab? According to Cortland energy they have other distributors in US and they verified who supplied me. The more i dig into this Cortland rabbit whole, the less i like it. You buy whole tanks at 350 for a reason. I stand on the results. Anyone can call the analytical lab to verify the results. You are preying on amatuer extractors thinking we cant say anything if gas is tainted. You are poisoning people with your trash. I recommend another trusted member test the gas they have from Cortland to put this to rest. We need to keep them accountable, this goes to the heart of what we do. Keeping our product safe

4 Likes

How much do you need to send in and how, i might be able to get a lb or so outta one of the tanks.

I’m chiming in because THC Gas is the main distributor to Cortland Energy. I said that we were the only distributor which is technically true, Cortland has had a long standing agreement with Elite Solvents who you bought your tanks from, that we haven’t taken on (yet). I’m chiming in because you’re smearing Cortland energy all over future4200 and I’d like to know why, because you’re now starting to affect the businesses that support a few families that I happen to care very much about.

Your lab results proved that the gas that was in an unmarked tank was contaminated. Cortland labels all of their tanks. The tank wasn’t identified in your report, so we have no idea what you used. Despite that, we took a sample directly from our processing plant at Cortland to be tested at a facility that is actually qualified to test for high purity hydrocarbons, because our equipment says 99.96%+.

They stated that the sample that you’d given them from oxarc was 99.999% pure, despite finding presence of carbon dioxide, isobutane, and nitrogen in their sample as well, from the lab report that you posted in full. When we called the company to ask about their procedures, they said that they can only test to the billionth, so if they found presence of other gases, why wasn’t that accounted in the 99.999% result? I’m sorry, but that literally doesn’t add up.

I’m curious why you didn’t take the tanks back to the shop that you bought from. I would think that after getting back results that the gas was only 96%, you’d return the tanks and demand your money back, that’s a pretty big deviation from “high purity”. If I bought industrial quality gas at high purity prices, I’d have someone’s head. Elite Solvents seem like a decent group of guys, too. Just got off the phone with them. They said that they’ve attempted to rectify this situation with you numerous times, offered to pay for the damages and give you a refund. You just needed to verify that you’ve bought and used bad gas that you bought from them. You’ve refused to follow through, they actually don’t know who you are beyond your future4200 handle. Doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense if you’re just looking to buy high purity solvents to make clean meds, and had a bad experience.

Both Elite Solvents and our company, THC Gas, have ZERO issue fixing a bad gas issue. THC Gas doesn’t have any qualms about accepting returned tanks if for any reason, the extractor feels that it is unsafe. That’s how much we give a shit. It is rare, but we fix it. We’ll offer an immediate refund or an exchange. We offer our COAs to anybody that asks. We try to be as transparent as possible because we’re smoking what you guys are making.

Oh, also, we do sell tanks for $350, but you have to buy them 20 tanks at a time. Not quite sure what that was supposed to prove, but our retail for 100lb tanks is $650 plus tax, for any pure tank or blends.

I’d love to help you out, but as it stands it looks like you’re only interested in running a smear campaign against Cortland Energy. The only people I’ve ever seen behaving like this are usually people in the resellers game. If you’ve had a genuine bad experience with Cortland Energy, you can always hit us up, pm me, call Elite Solvents, and we’ll fix the situation, no problem. Not quite sure what your angle is, trying to paint us all as evil demons out here slinging toxic bullshit at people just for kicks, but we aren’t.

Read my posts. Ive been active for more than 3 days like “thc_gas”. Ive only given positive feedback on all companies until the gas issue. My losses were well above and beyond a simple tank refund. Product was ruined, time was lost, and now your questioning my integrity. I have plenty of empathy for your workers I dont want to smear anyone and i thought long and hard before posting the results. The disservice this may temporarily cause your workers (while you work this out) is pale in comparison to our clients health. Im sure that you will get this fixed since its now in the spotlight and im sure everyone will hear you out. I would also like to confirm that Elite Solvents has reached out multiple times and offered to refund or replace. Theres no evidence or reason to believe that Elite solvents knew gas was bad.

1 Like

So lets hear more about thc_gas. How long have you been around? Where are you located?

I created this account because you posted a lab report from a soil and water contamination lab, claiming that our gas was only 96%. I know, for a fact, that we are not producing industrial quality gas. Cortland Energy sells their butane as a cleaning solvent to testing facilities all over the country.

I am fully in agreement with you that client’s health is the most important thing. You’ve posted on multiple threads on here that people who are having issues - many of which could be from a number of factors, like bad trim, and have decided to say “Cortland Energy is poisoning people.” That is slander, and absolutely not what they’re doing. You even posted the results and claimed that oxarc was such a better supplier, even after someone had showed an extremely contaminated paper towel test from one of their tanks. I’m not saying you’re dishonest, but I am definitely saying that you’re biased.

THC Gas is the main distributor for Cortland Energy. We’ve been around for about 6 months, and if I’m completely honest with you, it’s felt like it’s been a daily kick in the nuts since we have.

We took over all of the old RHS locations because they were being let go of anyway. We’re looking to expand once we can make sure that our supply line and ducks are in a row

I know you don’t really give a shit, but I’m the sales and marketing director for THC Gas. And to be honest, I’ve dedicated my life personally to cannabis. I got kicked out of school when I was 17 for it, and have been in the industry both black and white market ever since. It’s both saved and ruined my life on multiple occasions, but I very much believe in this medicine.

I can promise you and anyone else that I would never willingly sell contaminated gas to anybody. The second I read your report I had a conference call with both Cortland and THC execs and asked for a third party analysis because I couldn’t trust our COA’s anymore. I guess I take this a little personal because you’re making me feel like I sold my soul for my job and I guarantee you, I’d quit before I let that happen.

4 Likes

Well let us know what your third party analytical lab says. Im not here to burn you, I dont even know you. Everyone needs safe economic gas solutions here. 350 for 10 tanks is a great deal after all. This is hopefully just a little mistake with one cylinder but the reaction i got from Cortland was them saying it wasnt thier gas causing the stink, that their gas was pure and vendor told me he never had a problem either after selling hundreds of tanks. So to verify my sanity I sent it to a lab to have it analyzed thru someone I trust. Im definitely not biased and I hate paying 650 for tanks thats why I tried Cortland out in first place it would have halved my gas costs. Good luck with ur new company and I seriously wish you best of luck bud. Its not easy being a startup in this new economy but im sure youll find ur way since it seems your heart is in it.

2 Likes

You know, when you put it that way, I can definitely understand your feelings once you got back a lab result that said 96%. To be fair, if I were in your shoes, I really would have done the same thing, and probably more. It really is unacceptable, and I don’t blame you for doing your due diligence to test the gas for yourself. You put your own money on the line to see if your customers are safe.

Thank you for hearing me out, and I will post the results from the third party as soon as I get them. In the meantime, I hope you have a good weekend.

2 Likes

Because of the concerns brought up in future4200, we had our gas tested at two separate independent facilities to test our butane. These are the results from those tests. The lab facilities that we used are qualified to test for bulk, liquid hydrocarbons. Thank you.

2 Likes

Yeah bro, try taking a proton off of a straight hydrocarbon. See what happens. I dare you. Just try it and see what happens bro. It’ll be good, NIKE just do it. :bomb::smirk::kissing_heart:

1 Like

https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/aldrich/230707?lang=en&region=CA

Touché my friend :rofl: