T5 makes dabs taste worse!

No it doesnt,

2 Likes

Can you explain what you mean by frequency? Are you referring to NMR? Or do you mean wavelength. Thanks.

This is hella off topic but Anthocyanins causing color change…Which ones?

People do water washes often before MagSilPR and you still get these colored, heptane soluble, fractions. I’m trying to hunt these compounds without a UV-vis but the compounds I observe, responsible for the color change in THC are not water soluble.

Wavelength IIRC.

There are a ton of variables to getting all of the anthocyanin and other color bodies out with a brine wash such as exact pH of the brine in relation to the polarity change in the compound, how many washes you do at each pH level, how much the organic and aqueous layer interact before partioning again, etc.

Ive seen people do 10+ brine washes in a single pH range before the water stopped picking up color. Probably had to do with them mixing rather than really agitating the phases though.

Edit: you point out a great thing to focus in on and that would be the stronger nonpolar pigment sources like carotenoids and phenol. And if you have carbohydrates coming through your extraction…theres another source of headache.

2 Likes

I’ve read quite a few white papers and a thesis on trichs. @cyclopath has a good link to a basic trich knowledge. Basically when I extract just the kief without plant matter the only color I get is gokd/brown. The only exoskeletons in the mix is the DE I use as a filter bed.

5 Likes

He may be talking about pheophytin, the green/gray product of chlorophyll and acidic degradation, which is basically a chlorophyll shell without the charged Mg2+ in the middle

3 Likes

Seems now hes claiming t5 is only good for polishing turds and moving myco packs. And to think I really enjoyed this dudes work. There must be a personal vendetta behind these statements.

Also if you’ve gotta be smoking turds wouldnt you prefer they were polished first? Maybe this dude just forgot not everyone smokes the same.

6 Likes

That is a very low quality meme sir. There is no subtlety to it. 3/10: raised the corners of my mouth 2mm

15 Likes

This meme makes me feel like this guy doesn’t understand how a vast majority of products people consume go through crazy processes.

So much of the live resin being extracted leaves extra terp sauce that, if not poured off, is kinda harsh to dab. There’s also lots of it being made that just doesn’t have the THCa content to make nice crystals. I can’t see a reason why one wouldn’t take THCa isolated from “turds” (provided they are free of pesticides, mycotoxins, etc.) and either pour extra sauce on them, or just throw them in a batch that won’t crystallize, at an ideal ratio.

Seems like a no brainer to me. The THCa is not the strain, it is not unique to the strain. Only the sauce profile is. Am I missing something? Let’s stop letting hash turn into literally garbage because nobody wants to smoke brown shatter in 2019.

I dream of a world where all the hash is at least “good” because the standard is set by everyone having the knowledge to make it.

16 Likes

368kbv

24 Likes

He got that wrong too, magsil pr is what you’d need in that case.

6 Likes

Seems this guy is very misinformed. If he consumes any type of cooking oil, olive oil ect he is consuming products that have been filtered with bleaching clay. He might be that other guy’s(child murderers) cousin. :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Their next post states they use clays to clean up their extracts :thinking:

3 Likes

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

I guarantee that this guy is just trying to trick less knowledgeable people into thinking their products are somehow a grade above the rest. Their stuff looks really nice, and if it tastes good too then they shouldn’t have to take shots at other extractors and their methods. Also “pigment exoskeletons” lol

5 Likes

I’m just gonna say it. Dirty Arm Farms is the biggest wook in the industry. Dirty Arm Farms hates progress and will never listen to facts or science. He lives off of sudo wook science and instagram opinions.

25 Likes

That’s what it’s looking like. I’m still looking for a “pigment exoskeleton”. I’m thinking of ordering a more powerful scope. :man_shrugging: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

@BG305
“Enhance…Enhance…Enhance…”

Sees DE particle with a microscopic pig standing on top drinking a mint julep

“My god, I’ve FOUND it!”

11 Likes

There it is

14 Likes