T free crude...

Anyone have any T free or remediated crude available…

1 Like

is that even a thing? (I don’t know, that is why I’m asking).

is it crude after chromotography?

I don’t believe so. I would tend to distill before chromatography…but my chromatography experience is from molecular biology, so I have no idea if folks are running crude over c18 or not.

If I had to guess I’d some some where, but I don’t believe it qualifies as crude at that point…chromatography is expensive (big pharma avoids it whenever they can), so it certainly won’t be priced like crude.

doesn’t degradation to CBN also require clean up?
(again no clue. probably confusing with using Iodine to get to CBN)

@anon93688?

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it crude. I was able to remove 80%+ of THC from crude CBD and it came out golden yellow like distillate. I would call it t free distillate at that point (yes I know it’s not technically distilled).

The CBN reaction needs to be worked up. Idk what people are selling (25%, 50%, etc) but I would like to know what the rest of the “distillate” is…

1 Like

I’ve had a few people claim to be able to get remediated crude, but so far no one has came through when time to purchase and why I thought I’d post here.

I was able to remove most of the THC from crude using a method I figured out.

Edit: added info

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like crude once you’re done…

DM sent

1 Like

Yes, THC can be remediated from crude without distillation, chromatography, or additional chemicals such as iodine.

This winter I may post the SOP if someone else doesn’t first.

4 Likes

Was your yield >90% with that method?

I think I may have that SOP you’re talking about. Running it now so I’ll see if it actually works, but it is super slow

Not heating it in the oven. My new method removes 85% of THC in crude and then leaves you with at least 80% CBD. It also depends on how much CBD was in the crude to begin with.

1 Like

If the oven trick works, why do it differently? Genuine question, not being facetious or anything.

What do you think we could scale to on that ? I may have a client ready to pay on that one.

3-4 week wait or a few hours waiting.

Most of the research out there in chemistry is about improving processes. If people don’t want to improve and become the best then they will eventually be left behind.

3 Likes

I agree that innovation is important!

Although 3-4 weeks seems like a long time, I have heard people having success with ~1.5 weeks for conversion. 1.5 weeks could be scaled efficiently and inexpensively.

This method is based on things you already have lying around in the lab. No need to purchase ovens.

1 Like

But we already have ovens lying around :grin:

I’m just trying this for the first time, seemed worth a try. I’m super skeptical it’ll do anything in 1.5 weeks…

Joking aside, what you posted looks pretty awesome. The color improvement alone is amazing! I’m in Denver too, I’d love to meet up/get on a call at some point to discuss your consulting and what you can offer.

2 Likes

Did anyone ever work out an SOP for this?

1 Like