T free crude distillation question

Greetings!

I have about 15L of winterized, decarbed and remediated crude. Analysis came back non detect for THC. We use a 2 stage KD10 for distillation. Do I run the risk of anything converting back to THC during the distillation process? It would suck to be shooting for broad spec distillate and end up with just really bad full spec.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

You should be good. Do you have testing results from before and after your SOP?

Wouldn’t it be better just to use the crude since T free crude means you can use more industry buzzwords and not worry about non-compliance.

1 Like

Are you referring to the remediation SOP? If so, then yes it was tested immediately before and immediately after.

I mean your distillation SOP, because if your SOP is known to cause conversion then I would worry and fix your SOP. I used to use a short path to convert d9 to d8, but with wiped films I never did.

The only thing I could think of that would cause it if it doesn’t would be catalysts in the remediated crude that are activated by the high temperatures of the evaporation column.

Another thing you might see if you distill it is a ND level of THC suddenly become detectable because you are concentrating the cannabinoids.

Can you make more money for the t free crude or the t free distillate?

1 Like

You will be fine. We do it all the time. You get some really thick plastic like waste from it. You have to keep you Temps alot higher on residual circular and around your sight glass, If you have one.

1 Like

How hot is acceptable for the residue circulator? Its shared between the residue and distillate.