Syringe Filter + Vape cart help

Hi guys,

What’s the general practise for using these things?

I was under the impression that you would suck up your ready mixed vape juice (dewaxed BHO + terps) with a syringe, attatch one of these things (PTFE 0.45um filter) and squirt it into the cart. Instead, my juice entered the syringe filter and stayed there, without a single drop making it through and into my cart.

Do I need to use more juice? Was it too thick? Are you even supposed to use them at this stage? I’m confused.

By the way, I’ve been dewaxing my BHO in-line using a open blast system and packing my tube with Celite before packing with raw material.

2 Likes

Supposed to filter during winterization/dewax, but not sure have never used a filter for filling carts

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that I’m filtering the BHO before it exits the blast tube through several layers of coffee and lab filters, I’ll have to double check what grade the lab filters are

Even after the filtration my vape mixture is still cloudy. I’m guessing it’s either fats that have made it through and/or celite. I’m not sure

Or plastic if you utilized plastic syringes/carts

1 Like

Oh shit I didn’t even see that he doesn’t decarb. Bro, you are filtering out thca.

If you wanna make good bho pens:

1. mine diamonds,
  2. pour off the terps,
  3. melt the diamonds in your vac oven @ 100 c,
  4. then re apply your terps
  5. and homogenize.

If you are fast, you can do this all in one heating cycle. You can pour directly in your filler and get your solution cooling down in carts with less than 10 minutes of heat applied to the terps. That makes a nice looking cart for your customer to recieve. If you are dewaxing and bleaching your oils, you shouldn’t have much issue with clarity.

7 Likes

Is your product free of solvent at this point? If so then the liquid is likely hydrophilic and you are trying to push it through a hydrophobic membrane (PTFE). It won’t go through as you have found out. Its like your rain jacket that’s coated with Teflon, it repels water and oil based product. If you want to filter with membrane at 0.45um, you might try a PES membrane. Thanks, Greg

Idk if u wanna make the best BHO pens look into cold CRC Tek.

Decarbed for 2hrs at 250-275f
You can’t beat this stuff

And you’ll probably never get through that filter without being extra hot. Probably want clear to things either. An ethanol test could let u know if it’s fats

5 Likes

Don’t those syringe filters only work one way? I was under the impression that it filtered as you pulled the material into the syringe, leaving a syringe full of filtered extract. Can it work the other way as well?

2 Likes

Btw drop the celite I just noticed your not equipped for this. U probably have it In ur mix

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, that’s the takaway here. And PES vs ptfe

Ok, so, I should decarb my weed before blasting with Butane?

How is the THC-A filtered out, by the Celite?

Not quite sure what you mean by “mine Diamonds” and “pour off terps”

Hey dude, I’ve checked out the CRC tek.

I’ve got some MagSil now and some 602-H filter papers - its the finest pore size so I’m hoping nothing but butane will get through.

I’m hoping to use the Mag-Sil alongside activated charcoal and the Celite but would you recommend T5 instead?

Is there a big difference between T5, and Celite?

1 Like

May the spoon be strong with this one
00f0f_aapdsWW1oCT_600x450

7 Likes

is it a bad thing we read close to 6k post all along the merry way… Insert spoon here👄

3 Likes

My bad, that was @Turbonugget asking about diamonds and pour off.

1 Like

I was actually teasing him back w u

1 Like

Go read crc please, you shouldnt be usingadsorbants unless you’ve made it through either that whole thread or 2 organic chemistry classes.

2 Likes