Synthetic seeds

Wondering if anyone out there has any experience producing synthetic seeds. I’m currently playing around with some and trying to get something I could take to market, they seem like a no brainer if you can get them to work- genetic stability and easy storage and transportation.

Any input would be appreciated, there is plenty of info online for synseeds on other plant types, but haven’t found a ton in regards to cannabis outside of a few papers.

What works, what doesn’t? Whats your experience with them if you’ve had any? This is all pretty new to me but it’s been fun so far. I’ll post a write up on what works if I find anything

5 Likes

Any more info or pics @Ballziez? Sounds interesting

1 Like

@Pharmer_Joe Tissue Culture | Skunk Pharm Research

3 Likes

I can update tomorrow when I’m at the lab with my notes and everything. The link posted above is a good outline, but it does leave some missing pieces to figure out.

This book is a great resource and is what I have been leaning on in my limited research. I got a hardcover copy from amazon for $30.

My goal is to be able to create “seeds” that are exact copies of the mother plant, that are stable with decent (80%+) germ rates so I can provide growers with proven genetics without the hassle of pheno hunting or having to know someone to get clones. So far i haven’t had much success but it’s coming together slowly but surely.

5 Likes