Synthetic DMT/Shroom products?

FYI-
One of the things about psilocybin chocolate bars is the use of the research chemical- 4ACO DMT.
Has similar effects to psilocybin but is CHEAP. So 99% of the cheaper psilo bars are made using 4ACO DMT.
What just happened is that the precursor chemicals used to make 4ACO DMT are now banned so supply has switched over to using 4ACO DET. Currently this research chemical is so new that there are no HPLC testing standards. Same price as 4ACO before the ban and same effects as 4ACO DMT. Both of these research chemicals are very bitter and require the extensive use of de-bittering agents.

Not saying the mao and mimosa in Trehouse products isn’t responsible for the trippy effect, but from the analytics above it appears the RC 4-AcO-DMT is likely the active ingredient. But who knows how much 4-AcO-DET is present if there are no analytical standards available for testing potency

8 Likes

And lions mane and all the atypical shrooms that people tout as nootropics at some level.

Just no psilocybin cause psilocybin IS ILLEGAL IN THE US.

Any company in the US that’s saying legal shipping with shroom bars is mainly RC’s and the company’s should go fuck themselves.

The US could achieve more harm reduction by simply legalizing THC and psilocybin than by everything else they could come up with combined, to fight this problem and make money through taxation. Not sure what’s so hard about this.

4 Likes

Maybe start with decriminalization of one ounce of psilocybin and go from there, like Massachusetts did with cannabis.

I think it would be better to have each state have a research in place for crime reduction and community use of the drug and how often it’s even brought up.

For example there was I think only 3 cities in the entries state of Massachusetts that were against the ballot initiative for adult use recreational cannabis and legal cannabis in Massachusetts.

Prior to that was the medical cannabis ballot initiative which passed pretty easily as well

But before those was decriminalization and it made it so those those caught with up to an ounce would pay only a 100$ fine. It lowered the amount of cannabis based arrests and those arrested for cannabis usually had more than just cannabis. Usually there was something more involved than just having more than the legal amount and most cops in Massachusetts aren’t dicks about weed in general.

I also wonder if anyone did any record tests for how many tickets were given for being over the ounce/ the 100$ fine.

If psilocybin was set for a 100$ fine for being caught more than an ounce it would be a great test.

Fuck no. One oz of shrooms. That’ll get loopholed quick af and destroy the market again.

Agree with all else tho

2 Likes

You will know immediately if you are eating a product with 4AcO-DET in it. It has one of the worst, most bitter flavors, even in super low doses.

It’s almost as bad as the bitterants they add to computer duster to make it harder to huff.

3 Likes

3 Likes

A hilarious teenage prank was to ziptie a can so it sprays non-stop and toss it into someones room. Fills the whole room with bitterant that ruin the inside of your mouth for a couple hours

4 Likes

All the companies I’ve seen selling “legal” shroom products are extremely sketchy at best but 4-AcO-DMT is a wonderful drug and definitely will have a role in the legal psilo industry once it gains a bit of momentum. The concept of “research chemicals” has been totally dragged through the mud by vendors that use it as a euphemism for designer drugs / NPS, 4-AcO-DMT is a research chemical in the same sense that psilocybin is a research chemical. Just a more stable prodrug for delivering that sweet sweet 4-HO-DMT to our 5-HT receptors

4 Likes

I 100% agree. Having tried 4AcO-DMT, it is almost identical to taking mushrooms. Def one of the closest analogs to the drug it’s replacing that I’ve tried.

Only downside is that the come-up is super fast (even as fast as, maybe faster than lemon tek) which can be uncomfortable if you’re not prepared.

1 Like

Yeah I’m a big fan of 4-AcO-DMT, quicker onset and no nausea are the only differences I’ve ever noticed from the mushroom high. I’ve heard of people making it from mushroom extracts too, not sure of the economics of doing that vs synthesis. It will be interesting to learn more about the minors present in psilocybe fungus and see whether there is some kind of entourage effect at play with the natural stuff.

1 Like

Here’s a good write-up about it:

Seems very feasible, but synth from Asia is still probably cheaper. Maybe we’ll see that change as more material for conversion comes around.

1 Like

You do realize it delivers a lower dose of psilocin to you then just eating straight psilocin would theres a paper out there on its effectiveness

This is pretty standard with any kind of extract gummy. My gummies hit in 20-30 minutes max and dont cause nausea

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing that’s very interesting stuff!

1 Like

Well I would assume so. I thought the main point Nichols felt it was useful to form the ester is its more stable then psilocin or psilocybin. If you have the paper handy you should post it - I would be interested if it has something to say on whether psilocybin or 4-aco-dmt are more effectively deesterified. There’s probably a conversation to be had on the cost-benefit analysis of forming the ester Vs just using raw extract.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. Leaps and strides are being made on large scale mushroom growing, it might end up being cheaper to grow the stuff.

There are a few well known labs in Canada that you can buy 4-AcO-DMT or 4-PrO-DMT from. There might be Chinese suppliers still also, I’m not sure. Both 4-Benzyloxyindole and 4-Acetoxyindole are available from Chinese suppliers relatively cheap, a bit under 2 bucks a gram if you buy a kilo I think. If someone were to try to do this in a professional setting it might make the most sense to do total synthesis.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jo00372a037?selectedTab=citation&volume=51

Seems pretty straightforward and relatively high yielding if you can get the right nitrotoluene.

1 Like

10.1021@acsptsci.0c00176.pdf (1.7 MB)

I believe this is the paper

1 Like

Wtf dude how do you know :joy::joy:

1 Like

Cayman has it, don’t they?

How would being able to carry up to one ounce of mushrooms and anything over is a 100$ fine ruin the game?

Didn’t ruin anyone’s game by having it legal to posses up to an ounce and it being a 100$ fine for carrying over 1 ounce of Cannabis, when they trialed lowered cannabis punishment in MA.

There was no dispensaries, I was still buying weed off the street when cannabis was decriminalized. I was buying it from someone who was growing it. No one stopped making money.

I didn’t say sell them for 100$ an ounce that would for sure ruin anyone’s game if they’re selling shrooms. but if I can be honest the lowest I ever paid for an 8th of shrooms in my life was 25$ and I was told tell anyone who tried to sell them to me for 40$ to fuck off.