Sustainable Vaping solution?

I have been thinking about the sustainability of using 501 carts over long term- for producer and consumer. They have their unique advantages and equally common environmental concerns, lack of proper recycling etc. Has anyone come across a sustainable vaping solution, like disposable glass/ss capsules with measured dose of distillate/content to be used with dry herb vaporizers? I was thinking glass capsules with a thin capillary tube full of oil, could be one hit chuck. Glass is recyclable and capillary tube by design wont leak or over flow. It can be ideal for small hits/tasting/sampling?
Dry herb vapes- Dynavap, Mighty/Craft/Little might/Pax

Edit: To be clear, I am calling out for a collective effort to find a sustainable replacement to 501 carts. Battery free exothermal vaping, with convenience. I am not looking for gadgets/vapes/rig suggestions.

3 Likes

I mean… yah ever heard of a dab rig :smiley:

I would think glass syringes with s.s. plungers are a pretty good solution.

4 Likes

There are rebuildable tank atomizer that go up to 4-5 ml and use ccell coils

3 Likes

All glass.

I mean all glass.

All glass coils, which is near impossible given you need copper as a conductor for the electrickery.

We will never have an ALL metal free cart, wires need to be copper on the coil to conduct electrickery through into heat into the coil heating the wick I believe, I’ve seen @QBD420’s diagram of it but I’m explaining it very poorly.

We can have all glass coils/quartz coils with a bit of copper or some other metal to heat it but having the whole thing glass is hard.

Ask @QBD420 imo he will know WAY more about that than me.

This is just my 2 cents

1 Like

Edible carts. Surprised nobody has at least made an edible crutch…

Adding lotus stones.

1 Like

Any recommendations on the ideal tank that takes ccell coils?

1 Like

I just spoiled myself with a puffco peak pro and am quite happy with it. No butane to heat a banger makes me happy.

Also no hot enail to accidentally burn myself on :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

these seem to be the most popular, I see them on the delta 8 subreddit pretty often. It’d be nice to buy in >1g increment to do the same in rec states :frowning:

2 Likes

I’d like a bic activated cart. I’ve brought it up before.

2 Likes

I think the solution is to just use anything other than a cart.

People who want cartridges want convenience and nothing more. It need to be charged and ready to go by the time they get to the parking lot. It’s an uphill battle trying to even get someone to consider a new battery or pod system. The bulk of the market can barely figure out how to use a charger or twist on a cartridge so they insist on one-piece disposables.

I think phasing out disposable pens would be a better place to start if sustainability is the focus. That can be done without changing anything other than educating the consumer. Once people learn how to twist a 510 thread cart into a battery themselves I’d entertain the idea of people being capable of understanding more complex hardware.

For those of us that don’t have the attention span of a peanut, there’s plenty of viable options already listed— reusable tanks, wax pens, hell even a dab rig or good ol’ fashioned jibber. Those all are going to better quality meds anyway. The contents of a cartridge (mixed, decarbed oil) is already an inferior product to begin with so I don’t see the point in arbitrarily clinging on to that. All we need are better portable flower vapes or wax pens that hit like a dab. No need for oil.

5 Likes

ha ha, I am seriously thinking about small glass capsules which can be used along with traditional glass pipes. Simplify but add convenience back. Not everyone can dab everywhere.

1 Like

Exothermal vaporizing. Electrical trickery is not sustainable, especially with disposable ones. Battery free like Dynavap.

2 Likes

I have the dabber switch, used it for 3 years now. Cold starts in 5 seconds through magnetic induction. Love it except the size and non-portability.

1 Like

correct, the conducting part of coil can’t be replaced by other material but metal, even though we design a structure which makes very very few part to contact the oil , so literally even the all glass cart can only called as 99.99% metal free.

And some all glass carts on the market are still using copper /stainless steel to hold the ceramic coil,they just replace the copper/stainless steel central post by glass. These can only be called as 50% metal free.

2 Likes

Thanks Qbd, figured you know more bout it:)

Also thanks as well @Trichomeworks for the correction.

Graphite can conduct electricity. Graphene can conduct electricity even better. Neither are really a metal.

1 Like

Graphite coil is available now. We did not run a test on these coil yet.

2 Likes

Maybe the solution is cartless carts LOL. Distos sell cart juice that you add to the 5ml tanks posted above. Would save allot of this shit from hitting landfills.

3 Likes