Supplemental lighting uv and far red spectrum

Currently I use fluence led lights. I use two fluence 3P, they were used in 2x4 tents just dimmed. They’re about to go into a 4x8 tent.

I want to add supplemental lighting. All year I’ve been hemming and hawing over uv spectrum and far red additional lighting. I was going to order 4x ray 44 I just can’t decide the spectrum.

I first started thinking about it last year when I noticed their uv bars. Dr Bruce bugbee has some interesting data on uv. Now I notice they have a far red and can’t decide to supplement with their uv or far red bars. Some say the far red is for terp production. I thought uv was also for terp production as well?

Anyone have experience supplementing with either? Have a preference

2 Likes

I don’t know how much I can trust this graph.!

2 Likes

UV makes frost. Far red, in my limited experience, speeds everything up and lowers the days to maturity. I like the mass medical supplement bars from rapid led.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought about the uv. I remember dr Bruce bugbee talking about how the plant produces more to protect itself from the uv rays.

I was going to buy 4x 44” uv bars for my 4x8. Really debating ordering 4x fat red bars too, would be fun to play around with. Only problem is the fluence bars are like ~$300. I know I want the uv bars, the question is, do I want to spend another $1200+ to play with far red. Hmm. Decisions decisions.

Edit:
I knew I remember a video from Bruce. Come learn with me!

2 Likes

So you want to look up phytochrome, cryptochrome, and the Emerson effect also PR/PFR conformity. These are all chemicals and processes that are controlled by 300-400nm and 660-730nm

Also have you checked out http://cre.science they have all the diodes you want for pretty affordable.

2 Likes

Don’t sleep on Bruce Bugbee!

“Let there be [the right type of] light!” - B.B.

1 Like