Super terp?

I keep hearing my clients and feedback from others on my slabs… almost everytime I hear it’s super terpy… none of my equipment goes over 110 and I dewax my material sleeve with dry ice… blah blah… I do not winterize because I assume it happens in my filter cascade below my dewax column… I have always thought I was doing something right… I found myself in a conversation with a supposed dab conissuer and he starts spouting off how he only dabs the best and terps sauce and diamonds this and that blah blah… so I’m like shit… let’s smoke some dabs… I pulled out my stash dropped it on the nail and bammm… dude say taste great but I don’t like the terpy wax… I never seem to get as high as I do on the darker stuff… so I said well letts see what you got… he pulled this dark ass nasty funk puck out and was like here try this… hair and pocket lint hanging… that shit was so dark I didn’t even wanna hit it but I did and of course this wax was trash… so afterwards he is like dude can’t you feel the difference in buzz… at this point I’m thinking this guy is wack but two other people sat down and was like where’s that fire you had earlier and they were talking about the trash wax… so I don’t know… I feel like I came outta bizzaro world or something… question of the day? Is super terpy not a good thing? I been thinkin the terpyer the better… am I wrong? No decarb and no winterization after my filter cascade and dewax

4 Likes

Taste is a dellicate subject :grinning:

8 Likes

Yeah I would have to agree… still tho… I’m gonna go with those dudes are getting sold some shit by a fast toungue…

2 Likes

Hell Yes
Try to winterize Some of your product see If there is Any fats and Waxes
I must admit color isn t everything so that is No reason for. Pruduct beeing bad
But in all i think terps are :+1:

3 Likes

I have winterized and didn’t pull alot of fats. Maybe an 1/8th inch layer where as the same material not dewaxed pulled a couple filter changes… so leaves me to believe I am not really heavy on wax… I usually do fluff and little nugg runs with a little trim mixed in.

There’s only one way to have the bigger dick in this contest - you have to win some kind of cup lol… :man_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

You didn’t mention strain. Some strains are super terpy to the point the terps are too strong. Every time I have run green crack it comes out with a Orangish tint and is too terpy for my taste but not waxy at all. Most Chem strains are the opposite and not very terpy and higher in THC. I am gonna take a wild guess your running the same strain that people are saying is too terpy?

2 Likes

Not really… that last strain was vortex and yeah that was pretty terpy… but I seem to always get the same outcome… unless I do a trim run… I have been using a 60 30 10 solvent mix in my cloop. I don’t use my butane much anymore because my repeats dont really seem to like that…

yea the boof molecules in that devils terd wax have clearly realigned this wooks dabtablisim

3 Likes

Are you crc’ing it? I have gotten feedback from some clients I was doing a consult with and I gave them some CRC dabs cuz they had never tried it before. They said it felt harsher in the back of their throat. Then when I went to hit some stuff of theirs that hadn’t been CRC’d it seemed far less terpy but also fucked me up more than my CRC’d material. This could have been due to differences in strains, but still interesting feedback. I CRC’d some of their material and it came out a little “sharp” in terms of the terps as well. Thoughts?

And a recipe book😆