Summit 22l assistance

Hello,
Newbie on here using a summit 22l spd system. Currently having trouble trying to get down in vaccum/micron. ( have an Edward’s 80 2stage pump). Also the condenser is welded to the rbf. (Not sure if the leak is here) I’m not too sure if that’s the reason why I could be having a problem. I made sure there vacuum grease everywhere need (cautiously).

Hold on I see a thermowell
And welded as a glass craftsmen
Melted the boiling flask to the head ?

Have you dead head tested the pump vacuum depth separately from the rest of the system? What did it get down to?

Well on many treads the solution of how to search for the leak is explained
By @Demontrich for sure

3 Likes

No the only thing that has welded to the rbf is the condenser.

It got down to 100 micron before

Ok seems you already had some bump isseus did you decarb properly
Because your glass needs cleaning before you start

2 Likes

Yeah had an little trouble with the pre decarbing. (Didnt do it properly) should I empty it and clean the whole thing?

Yep you will regret it after if you don t

3 Likes

Fastest way if you are lucky is placing another boiling flask that fits the head with solvent inside and have that distill the head clean
NO vacuum on the system when dooing this

5 Likes

Cook your oil to 120 c in stainless steel pot on an induction hot plate (bed bath and beyond) then proceed to spd

4 Likes

When you deadhead tested the pump it only got down to 100micron? Is this a new e2m80? Should get significantly lower than that…

2 Likes

Agreed with @Xtractek, that pump should easily reach pressures below 100 micron, e2m2 pumps can hit at least 20 micron or more. Sounds like a decent leak, you definitely want to clean your head and start the whole thing over ground up.

2 Likes

Check the oring on your temp probe,

1 Like

Use your bf and mantle to finish purging and decarb before spd. I’ve mentioned this and posted pics about 20x bow.

5 Likes

Everyone keeps telling you what to do with the glass… That’s absolutely not where you start. Disconnect the pump and test it by itself with the vac gauge first. Period. Then, once you’ve confirmed the pump gets below 20 micron, start going through the steps to test the rest of the system for vac leaks. As an equipment repair shop, and someone that’s worked on testing a wide variety of technical things throughout my life, there’s an obvious order of operation for finding the actual problem without wasting a bunch of time and running yourself in circles.

5 Likes

It’s a used one. I will check the vaccum again right now. Thanks to everyone :kissing_heart:

1 Like

20 at least 100 :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I’ll ask future if I can get a sn change to demon_spoon.

Lol

Jk, please dont

3 Likes