Sulfur in dist

Got some stuff and sent a sample to proverde in mass,

The stuffs pretty clean besides a couple of elements, 112ug/kg of iron and 147,000 ug/kg of sulfur. After some quick reading it seems one of the more rudimentary conversion processes can be contaminated with sulfur… definitely asking for a price drop on this shit, if it’s usable? Happy03 iykyk because i dont lol, That’s my question to yall. Is it usable and is it safe to use? It doesn’t look like mass has a restriction on sulfur based on that test? I don’t have access to any cool equipment, only pretty basic stuff like a hotplate, oven, microwave… I’m curious if there’s any ghetto “remediation” I can do to zap the sulfur out as well. Thanks yall.

Smoked and vapor taste will be burned and stinky smelling.

4 Likes

I’ll try some and see how it is, did the math and 147,000 ug is only .147gs of sulfur a kg so hopefully it’s not the worst

Copper will remove it but you’ll beed to redissolve it for it too work

5 Likes

It’s already fine on solvents so I probably shouldn’t fuck around with it I’m sure I couldn’t get it back down to a non detect. I did a little dab out of a rig with a little reclaim in it and it might be a bit harsh but I didn’t have too noticeable of a taste if any at all, that could be the reclaim covering it up though. Im gunna drop a .2 or more to let it melt out and hit it for a long time. Throw some raw in a cart and see what’s up with that too. Seems fine so far honestly. I notice theres no limit for some other elements like the iron and sulfur, I’m curious as to why that is? Are they not a problem to be inhaling or is it a state thing? I definitely would be interested in some sort of papers or literature to read about that if someone knows something offhand. Obviously nothing besides cannabis is ideal but if it’s safe then it could be a non issue

My first thought is sulfur burner residue, but after thinking for a minute, I wonder what levels we would expect to see from naturally occurring sulfur based compounds that have been characterized in garlicy strains

1 Like