Suggested short path vendors

The answer to your question, is to invest in a wiped film stay far away from any short path.

That’s funny, because that wasn’t my question. Not sure why this thread turned into a wiped film vs short path thread… I currently run my business on a short path and have absolutely no complaints from any customers. I’m looking for equipment that is within my business plan and my budget, ie. a 5L short path.

I understand that a wiper is a great, scaleable distillation system. Unfortunately that is way out of my price range.

6 Likes

I take full responsibility for derailing the conversation but keep this discussion in mind when you scale up my man dont let them lie to you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Give us a call at 720-600-2037 when it’s convenient for you! We have both options available and we’d love to earn your business.

1 Like

WFE is definitely for the people that want to become a dam Oil Refinery lol - the fact is man that most of the people who want distillate for their carts and edibles etc. are perfectly happy with what an SPD can offer. Turn-key LS kit with all the fancy shit you can handle is still going to be $15-25k initial investment vs. a 2’’ pope clocking in at $50k without auto feed pumps or discharge or diff vac. It’s us (the consultants) who’ve seen so much crazy shit and know the “behind the scenes” of what’s going on that are always thinking about massive scale and that’s OK. I personally get alot more enjoyment out of teaching and consulting on SPD vs. setting up some massive 3-stage KD30 where you can’t even see wtf is going on underneath the stainless enclosures. -My 2 cents.

6 Likes

Yup these things are okay for very small scale stuff. I wouldnt say they are turn key especially for someone who is not a trained chemist.

I am trying to let people know these are not made for production, 12 liter spd should be used as terrariums.

I also am here to warn the people who look up to you and future that you both have or currently cash checks from LS. And if you dont you all are friends and reach out to stroke each other. A bright educated skepticism of you all in your percieved levels of power in the industry should be welcomed.

1 Like

I don’t personally make a dime from LS - I will however do everything in my power to dissuade people from spending money at Summit, so LS is a natural choice when I’m asked what to buy.
That being said, If someone hires me and gives me a 250k, 500k, million dollar budget to maximize production - I’m not going to suggest they buy 8 12L LS SPD’s lol. I’m not an idiot :kissing_heart:

Edit: I laugh when people say we all stroke each other… I think it’s borne from some kind of jelousy? Yes we found ways to work together to further ourselves as well as help others. This forum is proof that opensource isn’t dead and the goal is/was/always will be to help others - no one is required to spend money to browse, read, learn, and form their own educated opinion of how to spend their money. I’m just happy to be a part-of.

19 Likes

any opinions about Root Sciences and their SPD system?

1 Like

This guys got a point from the sounds of it noone is able to acive the vac level needed to remove that butt smell completely with a average spd. Yet No one will tell you this. People are investing years and tones of money only to find out the hard way. I hope i am wlrong but thats the consensus ive reached spd = mid grade? Anyone able to achieve a zero smell distillate even when heated? If so how and what set up what vac pump. Ptfe sleeves or greese? Hose or full bore? Lle or not is so what parameters. Lets air out the misinformation can it be done ?

2 Likes

Can we get a consensus?

1 Like

I believe that falls into pre and and intermediate processing. I could be totally waaay off, but doesn’t degumming help with that some? I have had disty that doesn’t smell

1 Like

I’ve ran a root science 6 inch steel VTA. I could make 4.5 liters an hour at over 99.9% total cannabinoids. The best word to describe a VTA IS BEAST I’ve yet to see a competitor’s WFE touch it. I’ve seen people with 3 stage KD-10s who cant get above 95% even with 3 stages! It is alot on how you run it though.

2 Likes

Usually the nasty smell comes from heavy terpenes that have a close boiling point to THC, decarbing in a reactor under vac will help you remove MORE of these terpenes then with no vac, which in turn gives you better vac and better separation to get more terpenes out in the SPD. Hot

6 Likes

Hot condenser tech will help too

3 Likes

Thats why im going to Seattle next weekend… Live demo before I buy…

Dear
I am manager terry from China manufacturer that has been specializing in producing labs equipment, such as rotovap, chiller, spd, glass reactor, molecular distillation…

And if you want to send the inquiry, just dm and I could provide better price with u.

1 Like

Which demigod are you part? Lord Klear-ishna?

2 Likes

I see this thread turned into a bit of a discussion on WFE vs. pot-based still systems. I’m thinking about this topic currently.

Does anyone have experience with the larger Summit heads based on the 4" flange that I see @anon42519203 using? I’m curious if they will offer distillation rates that change this discussion, especially when comparing the cost per unit production of 2" and 4" WFE’s to pot-based systems.

Is anyone running distillate production with 20L pot-based systems? If isomerization and thermal degradation can be avoided (is this even really an issue??) they seem like they might be sort of “set-and-forget” similar to a WFE once into the main fraction.

@Psilisophical How are you running this setup? Are you doing a first pass (not a “devol” run) in the Pure Path and then your final pass in the pot still systems?

That Pure Path seems very expensive at $150k when compared to other manufacturers, is there something I’m missing there?

the purepath wasnt my decision, i just was using it. in fact i do the opposite, batch devol and finish single pass in the WF.

No summit hasnt released their flange head yet, BD is doing the r&d, i believe

Isomerization really isnt an issue unless you have vacuum leaks.

1 Like

When will you have the 24/40 DUAL INLINE DISTRIBUTION ADAPTER BACK IN STOCK? Thanks