Sublingual Slips and equipment/machine to make them

Does anyone know what the machine used to make the sublingual slips is called? looking to purchase one

Can you post a pic of the particular slip you want?

not really tied to a type of slip, but does anyone remember oakor slips? image

https://goo.gl/images/9PD5El

Ive never seen a “slip” before, but I once tried soaking blotter paper in coconut oil x thc and another of VG x thc. I dont remember how that turned out other than it was messy.

Im interested in hearing about this more!

2 Likes

thanks @Apothecary36: now I know what to get the minions for Christmas :slight_smile:

Edit: the mannabot might do the trick. there was a pic of it posted here in the last 24hrs filling sauce pods.

http://www.mannamolecular.com/products/mannabot-one/

3 Likes

What is the thickness of the strip? What dosage do you plan to achieve? How to you plan to encapsulate and emulsify? Considerations for drying must be made as well, so the product does not warp. Let’s work this thing out!

2 Likes

I too have been playing around with making these strips…in my quest I found this. I am going to try to make them soon I believe and I will use THC distillate instead of CBD and hopefully they turn out. Hope this helps:)

Can You Make Your Own Batch Of CBD Strips?

The simple answer is yes, you can make your own batch of CBD strips…but we don’t recommend it. “Why?” you ask. Because it is a complicated process. To give you an idea of what goes into those dissolvable strips, here’s a basic recipe.

Ingredients:

• 22.4 grams pullulan

• 1.0 gram carrageenan

• 0.15 grams xanthan gum

• 0.15 grams locust bean gum

• 0.8 grams sorbitol

• 71.85 grams water

• 2.5 grams emulsified mint oil

• 0.5 grams herb extract

• 0.3 grams aspartame

• 0.25 grams citric acid

• Microencapsulated CBD extract (CBD oil)

Directions:

1. Measure pullulan, carrageenan, xanthan gum, locust bean gum, sorbitol, aspartame, and citric acid into a large mixing bowl.

2. Mix well.

3. While stirring, slowly pour water into the bowl.

4. Continue mixing until you’ve created a gel.

5. Add emulsified mint oil, herb extract, and THC extract.

6. Combine ingredients until everything is homogenous.

7. Cover loosely (doesn’t have to be airtight) and store overnight.

8. Pour on a baking pan and spread to desired thickness.

9. Dry in an oven set between 140 degrees Fahrenheit and 175 degrees Fahrenheit until the mixture is dry to the touch (about 3-8% moisture).

10. Remove the large sheet from the pan, let it cool, and then cut into small strips.

6 Likes

Does this end up like a listerine pocket pak?

That is the goal. They are sublingual strips that will contain THC.

4 Likes

Where would I obtain pullulan from? I tried Sigma Aldrich they discontinued thiers.

To be honest I’m not sure where to get it out yet but I am waiting for A few companies to let me know the cost on it and if they still stock it. I should be able to report back and let you know if I find out a source.

2 Likes

Glentham Life Sciences sells a few of the needed items.

GC6839-g - kappa-Carrageenan - $12.80 X 1 = $12.80
GC2572-g - Pullulan - $111.20 X 1 = $111.20
Total: $124.00

1 Like

I am looking for a machine that makes these strips? any ideas? ty

What kind of production volume? For small runs I’d imagine you’d just pour the solution on a flat surface and cut it up after it sets up. I also imagine humidity control in the production environment is very important

larger volumes / ty

Maybe reach out to the people at Medisca, I know they provide formulation consultation for that MOA (although they don’t do much with Cannabis, mostly compounding pharmacy supply). That or check alibaba. At scale it’s probably some sort of spray deposition on a substrate and then cut up like a printing press. I would predict a lot of R&D to keep the film thin, not tearing/breaking, and cutting consistently.

1 Like

do you know what they mean by “micro encapsulated extract”? Does it need to be a nanoemulsion?

You just about got it micro is implying nano and you need to encapsulate thc(or whatever cannabinoid) with a emulsifier so it homogenizes with the water mix(whole mix in general.) You could just emulsify and homogenize it, it won’t be as easily absorbed or as fast acting but it will still have an effect/do its job.

do you think sunflower lecithin could work?

Not alone, A certain grade of lecithin is in the recipe we use but it is not the predominant composition. Mixing up your own emulsifier is a job in its own on top of producing so. Read about the HLB system if youd like to learn and r&d it yourself. thats how we got there after a to expensive purchase from sonomechanics

1 Like