Study finds Marijuana linked to post surgery deaths and health complications

Trash article. WTAF is “cannabis use disorder” lol, says the difference is less than .1% than those that don’t use, and doesn’t mention if the study subjects had other health problems, bad diets, smoke cigs, or drank alcohol, etc
Here is the link to the study below

1 Like

Cannabis use disorder is when someone is addicted to marijuana and it affects their lives in a negative way

I skimmed over the article, especially the statistics part, but I saw no mention of:

• how patients consumed cannabis and its various formulations?
  • how and where were the patients obtaining cannabis products?
  • were the products tested as is typical for recreational states?

I don’t know if you can really make any reasonable conclusions based on what the article presents. They do say a sample of records from a national inpatient database has increased risk of composite perioperative complications and mortality at a rate of (7.73%) than in the unexposed group (6.57%).

A difference of 1.16% does not seem significant at surface glance but maybe in the statistics section they explain why it is…I don’t care to read anymore about it. And I could careless to look up the ICD-10 definition of “cannabis use disorder” but I imagine it could be interpreted differently among physicians.

2 Likes