Strange things happening in my short path

The acid would boil over first, I would think.

1 Like

I am going to retest the distillate and the substance we are speaking of. I will have a full panel done but I donā€™t think I am going to get a definitive answer because it is probably something the lab doesnā€™t test for.

So far, am I correct in thinking these were converted liters?

2 Likes

You can scrape some crystals off and test the pH to see if itā€™s super acidic

I donā€™t think itā€™s just acid tho. Thatā€™s a lot of crystal

2 Likes

Makes for extra spicy d8 vape cartridges.

4 Likes

This is D9 i was rerunning to clear up some color and a nasty smell. It had 2 COAs that both tested it at 100% D9.

Also that flask was during the heads fraction of my run. The main fraction is almost done now. I will take a picture of that as well.

The labs could have misinterpreted d8 as d9. My guess is that you were asked to clean up a heads/forerun fraction from a poorly worked up CBD to d8/d9 conversion batch.

2 Likes

Its possible but I doubt it. I work in a legal lab and those liters were part of a larger batch that is being used for gummies. They have been using this distillate for months now on their gummies and Iā€™m sure that through multiple tests for the gummies it would have came up. I am not dismissing this as a possible reason still.

2 Likes

Are you sure that the COAs represent the portion of the distillate you were asked to clean up? Maybe the COAs is actually for the portion of the distillate that was considered good/clean enough for edible manufacturing?

And you were given the forerun to try to remediate.

2 Likes

Pink means acidic and you just pushed that through a spd.

Iā€™d bet 10 bucks on a charity if youā€™re choice that it ainā€™t d9 anymore

5 Likes

Absolutely positive. Batch number on said bottles matched the COAs. I personally grabbed the bottles from the larger batch. I am not sure where these bottles were purchased from but its either cresco, harvest, or copperstate. So one of these large manufacturers would have to be purposely misleading their customers in order for that to be true. These bottles were destined to be gummies at some point.

The distillate looked fairly good before I put it through the spd. I can send a pic of the starting material as well. I will update this with pics tomorrow.

Yeah I understand.

Normal d9 doesnā€™t just turn pink and smell like acid. How positive you think these guys are not converting?

Still using acid to get d9s.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not at all. Iā€™ve never been in their labs. That why I am trying to get to the bottom of this. People do shady shit. So it could very well be converted D8/D9. Hell i could go as far to say they could be in cahoots with the testing lab to falsify their results. IDK.

I know what normal D9 smells like even when its a bad run. I have never smelled D9 like this in my life. I have also never tried to do conversions so i am unfamiliar with the smell of poorly converted D8/D9

I wonder if the bottles you didnā€™t grab also had that funny smell? If all the bottlesā€™ contents were essentially the same, as in stemming from a larger batch having gone through a WFE, why would there even be a need to clean it up some?

Baffling mystery. I look forward to you getting to the bottom of it.

1 Like

Yes every bottle out of about the 20+ liters I checked had that smell. Some were so bad it stung the nostrils. It needed to be more appealing to the nose and eyes. It was going to be used for distillate syringes as the end product. Just needed to be prettier and not have a smell because Iā€™m sure people donā€™t want to smoke whatever that piss smell is.

First pic is from last week. My material start to finish. Second pic is the distillate in question after run.

The plot is definitely thickening. If it was ā€œone batchā€ they should all have stung equally.

3 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like